Robot Hand Whose Fingertip Covered with Net-Shape Proximity Sensor - Moving Object Tracking Using Proximity Sensing -
Hiroaki Hasegawa*, Yosuke Suzuki*, Aiguo Ming*,
Masatoshi Ishikawa**, and Makoto Shimojo*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, East-4th Bldg., 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu-city, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**Department of Mathematical Engineering and Information Physics, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, #6 Bldg., 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
-  A. Namiki, T. Komuro, and M. Ishikawa, “High-speed sensorymotor fusion for robotic grasping,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.13, No.11, p. 1767, 2002.
-  S. Ueki, H. Kawasaki, and T. Mouri, “Adaptive Coordinated Control of Multi-Fingered Robot Hand,” The J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 36-43, 2009.
-  P. Michel, C. Scheurer, J. Kuffner, N. Vahrenkamp, and R. Dillmann, “Planning for robust execution of humanoid motions using future perceptive capability,” In Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2007), pp. 3223-3228, 2007.
-  E. Marchand and G. D. Hager, “Dynamic sensor planning in visual servoing,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Robotics and Automation Conf., Vol.3, pp. 1988-1993, 1998.
-  Y. Mezouar and F. Chaumette, “Avoiding self-occlusions and preserving visibility by path planning in the image,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.411, No.2-3, pp. 77-87, 2002.
-  D. E. WHITNEY, “Quasi-Static Assembly of Compliantly Supported Rigid Parts and Its Application,” J. Dynamic Systems, Measurement, Control, Trans. ASME, Vol.104, pp. 65-77, 1982.
-  Shadow Robot Company, “Design of a Dextrous Hand for advanced CLAWAR applications,” In Climbing and Walking Robots and the Supporting Technologies for Mobile Machines, pp. 691-698, 2003.
-  H. Iwata and S. Sugano, “Design of anthropomorphic dexterous hand with passive joints and sensitive soft skins,” In IEEE/SICE Int. Symposium on System Integration 2009 (SII 2009), pp. 129-134, Jan. 2009.
-  S. Walker, K. Loewke, M. Fischer, C. Liu, and J. Salisbury, “An Optical Fiber Proximity Sensor for Haptic Exploration,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2007, pp. 473-478, April 2007.
-  B. Mayton, L. LeGrand, and J. R. Smith, “An Electric Field Pretouch system for grasping and co-manipulation,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 831-838, 2010.
-  J. Fujimoto, I. Mizuuchi, Y. Sodeyama, K. Yamamoto, N. Muramatsu, S. Ohta, T. Hirose, K. Hongo, K. Okada, and M. Inaba, “Picking up dishes based on active groping with multisensory robot hand,” In The 18th IEEE Int. Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication 2009 (RO-MAN 2009), pp. 220-225, Sep. 2009.
-  K. Hsiao, P. Nangeroni, M. Huber, A. Saxena, and A. Y. Ng, “Reactive grasping using optical proximity sensors,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA ’09), pp. 2098-2105, 2009.
-  H. Hasegawa, Y. Mizoguchi, K. Tadakuma, A. Ming, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “Development of intelligent robot hand using proximity, contact and slip sensing,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2010, pp. 777-784, May 2010.
-  M. Amamoto and S. Shimojo, “Mesh Structure Proximity Sensor Capable of Being Attached to Free-form Surface with a FewWires,” In Proc. of The 24th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  M. Shimojo, T. Araki, A. Ming, and M. Ishikawa, “A High-Speed Mesh of Tactile Sensors Fitting Arbitrary Surfaces,” Sensors Journal, IEEE, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 822-830, April 2010.
-  M. M. Ishikawa, “A Method for Measuring the Center Position of a Two Dimensional Load Using Pressure-Conductive Rubber,” Trans. of The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 730-735, 1982. (in Japanese)
-  S. Teshigawara, K. Tadakuma, A. Ming, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “High sensitivity initial slip sensor for dexterous grasp,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2010), pp. 4867-4872, May 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.