Study on a Practical Robotic Follower to Support Daily Life – Mobile Robot Development for Home Oxygen Therapy Patients with the “Hyper Tether” –
Masatsugu Iribe*, Hideaki Matsuda*, Hiroyuki Aizawa*,
Gen Endo**, and Toshio Takubo***
*Osaka Electro-Communication University, 18-8 Hatsu-cho, Neyagawa, Osaka 572-8530, Japan
**Tokyo Institute of Technology, I1-60, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
***Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
In this paper, we propose a practical robotic follower adopting the hyper-tether concept to support the daily lives of the patients undergoing home-oxygen therapy. For this, we developed a prototype for user testing and verified its effectiveness in an evaluation conducted in a real environment.
Gen Endo, and Toshio Takubo, “Study on a Practical Robotic Follower to Support Daily Life – Mobile Robot Development for Home Oxygen Therapy Patients with the “Hyper Tether” –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.23, No.2, pp. 316-323, 2011.
-  NPO J-Breath, “A Report on Questionnaire Survey About HOT Services Providers,” 2009. (in Japanese)
-  The Japanese Respiratory Society, “The White Paper of Home Breathing Care,” Bunkodo, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  K. Osuka and T. Ono, “Robotic Follower Part1: Proposal of Robotic Follower as a new unified concept,” The 15th Annual Conf. of the RSJ, pp. 735-736, 1997. (in Japanese)
-  N.Matsuhira, H. Ogawa, and S. Yoshimi, “Life Support Robot That Coexist in Harmony with People,” Toshiba Review, Vol.60, No.7, pp. 112-115, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Matsukawa, M. Sakakibara, M. Goto, S. Kobayashi, S. Hachitani, Y. Adachi, and T. Suginouchi, “Development of Porter Robot: Part I,” The 23rd Annual Conf. of the RSJ, 1I21, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  T. Takei, R. Imamura, and S. Yuta, “Baggage Transportation and Navigation by a Wheeled Inverted Pendulum Mobile Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.10, pp. 3985-3994, 2009.
-  E. F. Fukushima, N. Kitamura, and S. Hirose, “A New Flexible Component for Field Robotic System,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2583-2588, 2000.
-  A. Terashima, C. Ishibiki, S. Itai, and Y.Miwa, “The Burden Carrier Utilizing Redundancy of a String,” SI2006, pp. 1102-1103, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  T. Yamada, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, “Navigation of a Robot by Steering a Rope,” The 21st Annual Conf. of the RSJ, 3H23, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  G. Endo, A. Tani, E. F. Fukushima, S. Hirose, M. Iribe, and T. Takubo, “Study on a Practical Robotic Follower to Support Daily Life – Development of a Mobile Robot with “Hyper-Tether” for Home Oxygen Therapy Patients –,” 2009 IEEE/SICE Int. Symp. on System Integration, P01, 2009.
-  Y. Ehara and S. Yamamoto, “Japanese Respiratory Society,” The Analysis of Gait Initiation and Walking, pp. 22-24 and pp. 94-99, Ishiyaku Publishers Inc., 2002. (in Japanese) ISBN978-4-263-21532-6
-  M. Iribe, H. Matsuda, H. Aizawa, G. Endo, and T. Takubo, “Development of Hyper-Tether Type Movement Robot for Going Out Support for HOT Patients,” 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-E10, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  E. F. Fukushima and S. Hirose, “Inertial Reference Frame Based Steering Control for The Articulated Body Mobile Robot,” J. of RSJ, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 53-61, 1996. (In Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.