Response Evaluation of Rollover Recognition in Myoelectric Controlled Orthosis Using Pneumatic Rubber Muscle for Cancer Bone Metastasis Patient
Takeshi Ando*1,*2, Jun Okamoto*3, Mitsuru Takahashi*4,
and Masakatsu G. Fujie*1
*1Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 59-309, 3-4-1 Ohkubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
*2Dept. of Robotics & Design for Innovative Healthcare (Panasonic), Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 1-7 Ymada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
*3Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering & Science, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
*4Division of Orthopaedic Oncology, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Naga-izumi, Shizuoka 411-8777, Japan
-  T. Ando, J. Okamoto, and M. G. Fujie, “EMG Controlled Rollover Support System for Bone Cancer Metastasis Patient (1st report): EMG Signal Analysis in Rollover Movement as an Input Signal,” JSMBE, Vol.46, No.3, pp. 383-389, 2008.
-  T. Ando, J. Okamoto, and M. G. Fuji, “Micro Macro Neural Network to Recognize Rollover Movement,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, No.1-2, pp. 253-271, 2011.
-  T. Ando, J. Okamoto, M. Takahashi, and M. G. Fujie, “Intelligent Trunk Corset to Support Rollover of Cancer Bone Metastasis Patients,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 181-190, 2010.
-  B. Hudgins, P. Parker, and R. Scott, “A New Strategy for Multifunction Myoelectric Control,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. Vol.40, No.1, pp. 82-94, 1993.
-  K. A. Farry, I. D.Walker, and R. G. Baraniuk, “Myoelectric Teleoperation of a Complex Robotic Hand,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 775-787, 1996.
-  M. Khalil and J. Duchene, “Uterine EMG Analysis: a Dynamic Approach for Change Detection and Classification,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol.47, No.6, pp. 748-756, 2000.
-  H. Yonghong, K. B. Englehart, B. Hudgins, and A. D. C. Chan, “A Gaussian Mixture Model Based Classification Scheme for Myoelectric Control of Powered Upper Limb Prostheses,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.52, No.11, pp. 1801-1811, 2005.
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, M. Kaneko, and A. Otsuka, “A Humanassisting Manipulator Teleoperated by EMG Signals and Arm Motions,” IEEE Trans. Robot. Autom., Vol.19, No.2, pp. 210-222, 2003.
-  M. Tsukamoto, T. Kondo, and K. Ito, “A Prosthetic Hand Control by Nonstationary EMG at the beginning of Motion,” IEICE technical report, MBE, Vol.105, No.577, pp. 41-44, 2006.
-  O. Fukuda, N. Bu, and T. Tsuji, “Control of an Externally Powered Prosthetic Forearm Using Raw-EMG Signals,” SICE Journal, Vol.40, No.11, pp. 1124-1131, 2004.
-  S. Noda, T. Tsuji, and M. Kaneko, “Pattern Discrimination of EMG Signals Using a New Recurrent Neural Network,” Proc. of Biomechanism Conf. Vol.22, pp. 167-170, 2001.
-  T. Noritsugu and T. Tanaka, “Application of Rubber Artificial Muscle Manipulator as a Rehabilitation Robot,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 259-267, 1997.
-  S. Kawamura, Y. Hayakawa, M. Tamai, and T. Shimizu, “A Design of Motion-support Robots for Human Arms Using Hexahedron Rubber Actuators,” Proc. of the 1997 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 1520-1526, 1997.
-  H. Kobayash, “Development of aMuscle Suit for Realizing AllMotion of the Upper Limb,” Proc. of 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.2, pp. 1630-1635, 2004.
-  K. Ueda, H. Fujimoto, and G. Shirogauchi, “Motion Assistance Apparatus and Method of Assisting Motion,” WO/2007/043308, April 19, 2007.
-  P. R. Cavanagh and P. V. Komi, “Electromechanical Delay in Human Skeletal Muscle under Concentric and Eccentric Contractions,” Euro. J. Applied Physi. and Occupational Physi, Vol.42, No.3, pp. 159-163, 1979.
-  E. J. Vos, J. Harlaar, and G. J. van Ingen Schenau, “Electromechanical Delay during Knee Extensor Contractions,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Vol.23, No.10, pp. 1187-1193, 1991.
-  Y. Nishijima, T. Matui, K. Arita, and Y. Tomatu, “Definition of the Onset of Electromyographic Activity and Programming of Electro-Mechanical Delay Measurement: On Force Display in Voluntary Muscle Contraction,” Osaka Kyoiku University bulletin, Vol.44, No.1, pp. 105-113, 1995.
-  A. Waibel, T. Hanazawa, K. Hinton, K. Shikano, and K. Lang, “Phoneme Recognition Using Time-Delay Neural Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 328-339, 1989.
-  J. Tani and S. Nolfi, “Learning to Perceive theWorld as Articulated: an Approach for Hierarchical Learning in Sensory-Motor Systems,” Neural Networks, Vol.12, pp. 1131-1141, 1999.
-  Z. Ling, L. Jiangli, L. Deyu,W. Tianfu, P. Yulan, and L. Yan, “Classification of Breast Tumors on Ultrasound Images Using a Hybrid Neural Network,” Proc. of The 1st Int. Conf. on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, pp. 574-576, Wuhan, China, 2007.
-  Y. Yamashita and J. Tani, “Emergence of Functional Hierarchy in a Multiple Timescale Neural Network Model: a Humanoid Robot Experiment,” PLoS computational biology, Vol.4, No.11, pp. 1-18, 2008.
-  T. Ando, “Study on a myoelectric signal based accurate and quick rollover recognition in robotic orthosis for cancer bone metastasis patients,” Ph.D. thesis, Waseda University, pp. 114-124, 2011.
-  K. Bahman, “Design and Application of Neural Network,” Shokodo, Vol.43, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.