Design and Prototype of Variable Gravity Compensation Mechanism (VGCM)
Naoyuki Takesue*, Takashi Ikematsu*,
Hideyuki Murayama**, and Hideo Fujimoto***
*Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino-shi, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
**Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan
***Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
-  T. Rahman, R. Ramanathan, R. Seliktar, and W. Harwin, “A simple technique to passively gravity-balance articulated mechanism,” ASME Trans. on Mechanisms Design, Vol.117, No.4, pp. 655-658, 1995.
-  T. Morita, F. Kurihara, Y. Shiozawa, and S. Sugano, “MECHANICAL WEIGHT COMPENSATION APPARATUS,” Japan Patent, Registration No.4144021.
-  T. Morita, F. Kuribara, Y. Shiozawa, and S. Sugano, “A Novel Mechanism Design for Gravity Compensation in Three Dimensional Space,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM2003), pp. 163-168, 2003.
-  Y. Araki, T. Nakayama, and H. Fujimoto, “Development of Gravity Compensation System for Engine Carrier,” Proc. of the 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A2-A22, 2010.
-  N. Ulrich and V. Kumar, “Passive Mechanical Gravity Compensation for Robot Manipulators,” Proc. of the 1991 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA1991), pp. 1536-1541, 1991.
-  G. Endo and S. Hirose, “A Weight Compensation Mechanism with a Non-Circular Pulley and a Spring – Application to a Parallel Link Manipulator –,” Proc. of the 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-G20, 2008.
-  G. Endo, H. Yamada, M. Ogata, and S. Hirose, “Development of a Light Duty Arm for a Cellular Manufacturing System – Effectiveness of aWeight Compensation Mechanism with a Non-circular Pulley and a Spring –,” Proc. of The 26th Annual Conf. of The Robotics Society of Japan, RSJ2008AC3A3-05, 2008.
-  G. Endo, H. Yamada, A. Yajima, M. Ogata, and S. Hirose, “A Weight Compensation Mechanism with a Non-Circular Pulley and a Spring: Application to a Parallel Four-Bar Linkage Arm,” SICE J. of Control, Measurement, and System Integration, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 130-136, 2010.
-  Y. Yamada and T. Morita, “Mechanical Gravity Canceller with Oscillating Block Slider Crank Mechanism,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.76, No.767, pp. 1797-1803, 2010.
-  K. Koser, “A cam mechanism for gravity-balancing,” Mechanics Research Communications, Vol.36, pp. 523-530, 2009.
-  N. Takesue, T. Ikematsu, H. Murayama, and H. Fujimoto, “Design and Development of Gravity Compensation Mechanism Using Cam and Spring,” Proc. of The 27th Annual Conf. of The Robotics Society of Japan, RSJ2009AC3K1-01, 2009.
-  N. Takesue, T. Ikematsu, H. Murayama, and H. Fujimoto, “Design and Development of Gravity Compensation Mechanism Using Rotational Cam and Spring,” Proc. of 10th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., 3J1-4, pp. 1779-1780, 2009.
-  N. Nakagawa, T. Okuno, and Y. Sekiguchi, “A Study on Improvement of Constant Repulsive Force Characteristic,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.74, No.739, pp. 536-541, 2008.
-  N. Nakagawa and T. Okuno, “LIFTING DEVICE,” Japan Patent, Publication No.2008-222348.
-  T. Ogiso, F. Tajima, and F. Ozawa, “GRAVITATION BALANCING DEVICE, ARTICULATED ROBOT, AND WRIST DEVICE FOR ROBOT,” Japan Patent, Publication No.05-069378.
-  T. Kakebayashi, “LOAD COMPENSATING MECHANISM,” Japan Patent, Publication No.2007-119249.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.