Engineering Experiments in Manufacturing Education
Hiroshi Satoh*, Shigehiro Toyama*, Nobuo Ogawa*,
Mikio Umeda*, Akira Takahashi*, Makoto Usui**,
and Hisaya Oyanagi***
*Department of Electronic Control Engineering, Nagaoka National College of Technology, 888 Nishikatakai, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-8532, Japan
**Technical Support Center for Education and Research, 3rd Technology Group, Nagaoka National College of Technology
***Technical Support Center for Education and Research, 2nd Technology Group, Nagaoka National College of Technology
This paper deals with engineering experiments in manufacturing education. In the Department of Electronic Control Engineering of Nagaoka National College of Technology, an engineering experiment in manufacturing education, “electronic circuit designs and manufacturing,” has been carried out since 2003. The theme of this experiment has been changed from that of basic electronic dice to original electronic circuits. These electronic circuits have not involved the use ot the microcomputers – only logic IC. Moreover, we have introduced a new experiment theme, “basic mechatronics,” since 2009. In this paper, we report on new experiment themes for manufacturing education and the results of surveys carried out after the experiments.
Mikio Umeda, Akira Takahashi, Makoto Usui, and
and Hisaya Oyanagi, “Engineering Experiments in Manufacturing Education,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.23, No.2, pp. 231-238, 2011.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, “Teaching Guide of Course of Study for Junior High Schools,” Higashiyamashobo, 2008.
-  H. Bassily, R. Sekhon, D. E. Butts, and J.Wagner, “A mechatronics educational laboratory – Programmable logic controllers and material handling experiments,” Mechatronics, Vol.17, pp. 480-488, 2007.
-  T. Imamura, T. Miyoshi, K. Miyake, S. Arai, T. Okada, M. Yamamoto, M. D. Dung, M. Okabe, H. Kitagawa, T. Ichimura, E. Nishiyama, Y. Kawai, S. Oyama, and K. Terashima, “Educational Project for Robotics and Mechatronics Using Tele-Control System Between National College of Technology and Toyohashi University of Technology,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 384-393, 2009.
-  R. Kawatani, “Mechatronics education using the autonomous moving robot,” Proc. of Annual Conf. on System Integration Division, SICE(SI2007), pp. 175-176, 2007.
-  H. Satoh, M. Aketagawa, T. Kimura, K. Hirata, K. Yanagi, H. Isobe, T. Namerikawa, M. Funaki, and J. Tamura, “Mechatronics Education through Design and Product for Robot Contest,” Proc. of 2008 JSME Robotics and Mechatronics, 2A1-I12, 2008.
-  H. Satoh, M. Umeda, S. Satoh, M. Nagai, A. Takahashi, M. Usui, and H. Oyanagi, “Introduction of an Engineering Experiment Aiming at Handwork,” J. of Education in the Colleges of Technology, No.28, pp. 35-40, 2005.
-  S. Sato, M. Usui, N. Fujita, H. Satoh, A. Takahashi, and H. Oyanagi, “Educational Experiments to Encourage Students’ Initiative for Research Activities,” J. of Education in the Colleges of Technology, No.28, pp. 279-284, 2005.
-  L. Valk, “LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book: A Beginner’s Guide to Building and Programming Robot,” No Starch Press, 2010.
-  G. Pahl, W. Beitz, J. Feldhusen, and K. H. Grote, “Engineering Design: A Systematic Approach,” 3rd ed., Springer, 2007.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.