Design Principle of High Power Joint Mechanism Possible to Walking and Jumping Imitating Locust Leg Structure
Yuya Nishida*, Takashi Sonoda**, and Kazuo Ishii*
*Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2-4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan
**Fukuoka Industry, Science & Technology Foundation, 1-1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
-  A. A. F. Nassiraei, S. Masakado, T. Matsuo, T. Matsuo, T. Sonoda, I. Takahira, H. Fukushima, M. Murata, K. Ichikawa, K. Ishii, and T. Miki, “Development of Artistic Robot “Jumping Joe”,” Proc. of IEEE Iros’06, pp. 1720-1725, 2006.
-  A. A. F. Nassiraei, M. Murata, K. Ichikawa, and K. Ishii, “Realization of the Rapid Movements for the Entertainment Robots by Using Two New Actuators “Inertia Actuator” & “Cam Charger”,” Proc. ASME IMECE2006, IMECE2006-1425, 2006.
-  R. Niiyama, A. Nagakubo, and Y. Kuniyoshi, “A Bipedal Jumping and Landing Robot with an Artificial Musculoskeletal System,” Proc. of the 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2546-2551, 2007.
-  T. Tanaka and S. Hirose, “Development of Leg-Wheel Hybrid Quadruped “AirHopper”: Lightweight Leg-Wheel Design,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 533-540, 2008.
-  T. J. Roverts and R. L. Marsh, “Probing the Limits to Musclepowered Accelerations: Lessons from Jumping Bull frogs,” J. of Experimental Biology, Vol.206, No.15, pp. 2567-2580, 2003.
-  W. Gronenberg, “Fast Actions in Small Animals: Springs and Click Mechanisms,” J. of Comparative Physiology A: Sensory, Neural, and Behavioral Physiology, Vol.178, No.6, pp. 467-472, 2007.
-  R. L. Marsh, “Jumping Ability of Anuran Amphibians,” In Advances in Veterinary Science and Comparative Medicine, Vol.38B, pp. 51-111, 1994.
-  R. D. Santer, Y. Yamawaki, F. C. Rind, and P. J. Simmons, “Motor Activity and Trajectory Control During Escape Jumping in the Locust Locusta migratoria,” J. of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neural, and Behavioral Physiology, Vol.191, No.10, pp. 965-975, 2005.
-  H. C. Bannet-Clark, “The energetic of the Locust Schistocerca gregaria,” J. of Experimental Biology, Vol.63, pp. 53-83, 1975.
-  W. J. Heitler, “The Locust Jump,” J. of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neural, and behavioral physiology, Vol.89, No.1, pp. 93-104, 1974.
-  M. Kovac, M. Fuchs, and A. Guignard, “Jean-Christophe Zufferey, Dario Floreano, A mimiature 7g jumping robot,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’2008), pp. 373-378, 2008.
-  M. Kobac, M. Schlegel, J. Christophe, and D. Floreano, “A miniature Jumping Robot with Self-Recovery Capavilities,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 583-588, 2009.
-  Y. Nishida, T. Sonoda, and K. Ishii, “Jacobian Matrix Derived from Cross Product and its Application into High Power Joint Mechanism Analysis,” J. of Bionic Engineering, Vol.7 Suppl., S218-S223, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.