Vehicle Yaw Control Using an Active Front Steering System with Measurements of Lateral Tire Forces
Nobutaka Wada*, Akihiro Takahashi**, Masami Saeki**,
and Masaharu Nishimura*
*Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tottori University, 4-101 Koyama-Minami, Tottori 680-8552, Japan
**Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
-  P. Falcone, F. Borrelli, H. E. Tseng, J. Asgari, and D. Hrovat, “Linear time-varying model predictive control and its application to active steering systems: Stability analysis and experimental validation,” Int. J. Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.18, pp. 862-875, 2008.
-  T. Fukao, K. Mori, H. Inoue, S. Miyasaka, and N. Adachi, “Active Steering and Active Brake Systems Based on Model Reference Adaptive Nonlinear Control,” SICE 4th Annual Conf. on Control Systems, pp. 589-594, 2004.
-  S. Horiuchi, R. Hirao, K. Okada, and S. Nohtomi, “Optimal Steering and Braking Control in Emergency Obstacle Avoidance,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, Vol.70, No.698, pp. 2948-2953, 2004.
-  M. Nagai, S. Yamanaka, and Y. Hirano, “Integrated Control of Active Rear Wheel Steering and Yaw Moment Control Using Braking Force,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, Vol.64, No.622, pp. 2132-2139, 1988.
-  E. Ono, S. Hosoe, H. D. Tuan, and S. Doi, “Bifurcation in Vehicle Dynamics and Robust Front Wheel Steering Control,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 412-420, 1998.
-  N. Wada and M. Saeki, “Anti-windup Control of Systems with In-put Saturation,” Systems, Control and Information, Vol.46, No.2, pp. 84-90, 2002.
-  M. Abe, “Automotive Vehicle Dynamics: Theory and Applications,” Tokyo Denki University Press, 2008.
-  U. Kiencke and L. Nielsen, “Automotive Control Systems For Engine, Driveline, and Vehicle 2nd edition,” Springer, 2005.
-  I. Masubuchi, A. Ohara, and N. Suda, “LMI-based controller synthesis: A unified formulation and solution,” Int. J. Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol. 8, pp. 669-686, 1998.
-  S. Boyd, L. E. Ghaoui, E. Feron, and V. Balakrishnan, “Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory,” SIAM, 1994.
-  J. M. Gomes da Silva, Jr. and S. Tarbouriech, “Anti-windup design with guaranteed regions of stability,” IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol.50, No.1, pp. 106-111, 2005.
-  N. Wada, A. Takahashi, I. Masubuchi, and M. Saeki, “A Design Method of an Active Front Steering Controller Using Measurements of Lateral Tire Forces,” Proc. 11th JSME MoViC, pp. 41-46, 2009.
-  H. Hindi and S. Boyd, “Analysis of Linear Systems with Saturation using Convex Optimization,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, pp. 903-908, 1998.
-  M. Johansson, “Piecewise Quadratic Estimates of Domains of Attraction for Linear Systems with Saturation,” Proc. of IFAC World Congress, 2002.
-  T. Sugie and K. Ueda, “Local Stability Analysis of Saturating Systems via Polynomial Programming,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.42, No.7, pp. 758-764, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.