Compensation of Measurement Precision for Three-Dimensional Position Measurement Device Based on Disturbance Observer
Toshiaki Matsumoto and Satoru Takahashi
Department of Intelligent Mechanical Systems Engineering, Kagawa University, 2217-20, Hayashi-Cho, Takamatsu, Kagawa 761-0396, Japan
Improvements in measurement precision will constitute a significant issue in designing control systems formeasurement devices. Specifically, positioning precision may be decreased if unpredicted disturbances from the environment are not taken into account. In this paper, we first estimate unknown disturbances based on the disturbance observer, then design control systems which can reduce the effects of such disturbances to propose a control system capable of compensating for any decreases in measurement precision due to such disturbances, and finally demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed control system through a series of experiments.
-  K. Ohnishi, “Robust motion control by disturbance observer,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 486-493, 1993. (in Japanese)
-  S. Nara and S. Takahashi, “Visual feedback tracking with laser to moving crane hook,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 795-802, 2006.
-  T. Shinozaki and T. Murakami, “3D position detection of a moving object in active stereo vision system with multi-dof motion,” IEEJ Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.125, No.6, pp. 561-567, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Hori, Y. Chun, and H. Sawada, “Experimental evaluation of disturbance observer-based vibration suppression and disturbance rejection control in torsional system,” Proc. of 7th Int. Power Electronics & Motion Control Conf. PEMC’96, Vol.1, pp. 120-124, 1996.
-  K. Ohnishi, M. Shibata, and T. Murakami, “Motion control for advanced mechatronics,” IEEE/ASME Trans. onMechatronics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 56-67, 1996.
-  I. A. Smadi and Y. Fujimoto, “On nonlinear disturbance observer based tracking control for euler-lagrange systems,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.3, Issue 3, pp. 330-343, 2009.
-  U. Tumerdem, T. Shimono, and K. Ohnishi, “Asymmetric multilateral teleoperation through scaled consensus reaching on graphs,” IEEJ Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.129, No.10, pp. 972-980, 2009.
-  K. Matsushita and T. Murakami, “Nonholonomic equivalent disturbance based backward motion control of tractor-trailer with virtual steering,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 280-287, 2008.
-  T. Shibata and T. Murakami, “Null space motion control by PID control considering passivity in redundant manipulator,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 261-270, 2008.
-  K. Natori, R. Oboe, and K. Ohnishi, “Stability analysis and practical design procedure of time delayed control systems with communication disturbance observer,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 185-197, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.