Identification of Contact Conditions by Active Force Sensing - Estimated Parameter Uncertainty and Experimental Verification -
Takayoshi Yamada*1, Akira Tanaka*2, Manabu Yamada*3,
Yasuyuki Funahashi*4, and Hidehiko Yamamoto*1
*1Department of Human and Information Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
*2MISUZU-Corp Co., Ltd, 1606 Wakasato, Nagano, Nagano 380-0922, Japan
*3Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso, Showa, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
*4Department of System Engineering of Human Body, Chukyo University, 101 Tokodachi, Kaizu, Toyota, Aichi 470-0393, Japan
-  J. D. Shutter, H. Bruyninckx, S. Durte, J. D. Geeter, J. Kaptupitiya, S. Demey, and T. Lefebvre, “Estimating First-Order Geometric Parameters and Monitoring Contact Transitions during Force-Controlled Compliant Motion,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.18, No.12, pp. 1161-1184, 1999.
-  T. Lefebvre, H. Bruyninckx, and J. D. Schutter, “Polyhedral Contact Formation Identification for Autonomous Compliant Motion: Exact Nonlinear Bayesian Filtering,” IEEE Trans. on R. and A., Vol.21, No.1, pp. 124-129, 2005.
-  J. K. Salisbury, “Interpretation of Contact Geometries from Force Measurements,” Proc. of 1st Int. Symp. Robotics Research, pp. 565-577, 1983.
-  T. Tsujimura and T. Yabuta, “Object Detection by Tactile Sensing Method Employing Force/Torque Information,” IEEE Trans. on R. and A., Vol.5, No.4, pp. 444-450, 1989.
-  K. Kitagaki, T. Ogasawara, and T. Suehiro, “Contact State Detection by Force Sensing for Assembly Tasks,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems, pp. 366-370, 1994.
-  A. Bicchi, “Intrinsic Contact Sensing for Soft Fingers,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, pp. 968-973, 1990.
-  K. Murakami and T. Hasegawa, “Novel Fingertip Equipped with Soft Skin and Hard Nail for Dexterous Multi-fingered Robotic Manipulation,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, pp. 708-713, 2003.
-  K. Murakami and T. Hasegawa, “Tactile Sensing of Edge Direction of an Object with a Soft Fingertip Contact,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, pp. 240-247, 2006.
-  N. Mimura and Y. Funahashi, “Parameter Identification of Contact Conditions by Active Force Sensing,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.60, No.579, pp. 3816-3821, 1994. (in Japanese)
-  T. Mouri, T. Yamada, N. Mimura, and Y. Funahashi, “Identification of Contact Conditions from Contaminated Data of Contact Moment,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.66, No.648, pp. 2685-2692, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  T. Yamada, T. Mouri, A. Tanaka, N. Mimura, and Y. Funahashi, “Identification of Contact Conditions from Contact Force and Moment: Experimental Verification on Effective Sensing Strategy,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 236-244, 2009.
-  T. Yamada, T. Mouri, K. Shimosaka, N. Mimura, and Y. Funahashi, “Parameter Identification and Transition Detection of Contact Conditions of a Robot by Active Force Sensing,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.74, No.747, pp. 103-110, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  R. Kikuuwe and T. Yoshikawa, “Robot Perception of Environment Impedance,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 103-108, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  T. Yamada, T. Mouri, N. Mimura, Y. Funahashi, and H. Yamamoto, “Identification of Contact Conditions by Active Force Sensing,” in Intelligent Systems for Knowledge Management, N. T. Nguyen and E. Szczerbicki (eds.), Springer, pp. 275-305, 2009.
-  K. Nagase and H. Mukai, “Contact Point Sensing by Force Sensor with Noise on Force/Moment Signals,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.27, No.10, pp. 82-90, 2009. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.