Driver Assistance Systems with Communication to Traffic Lights – Configuration of Assistance Systems by Receiving and Transmission and Field Experiments –
Shin Kato*, Naohisa Hashimoto*, Takeki Ogitsu*,**,
and Sadayuki Tsugawa*,***
*Intelligent Systems Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
**Keio University, Japan
***Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tempaku, Nagoya 468-8502, Japan
We propose some driver assistance systems with communication to traffic lights. It proposes the driver assistance system that uses information from the traffic lights with the state of the signal and time of the cycle. The demand traffic lights systems are also proposed. In addition, a consideration of the configuration and the construction of the experiment systems, and some field experiments for driver assistance are described.
and Sadayuki Tsugawa, “Driver Assistance Systems with Communication to Traffic Lights – Configuration of Assistance Systems by Receiving and Transmission and Field Experiments –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.22, No.6, pp. 737-744, 2010.
-  U. S. DOT, “The National ITS Architecture Version 3.0 (CDROM),” 1999.
-  F. V. Webster, “Traffic Signal Settings,” Road Research Technical Paper, No.39, 1958.
-  A. J. Miller, “Settings for Fixed-Cycle Traffic Signals,” Operational Research Quarterly, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 373-387, 1963.
-  M. Sadakata, “Analysis of Traffic Congestion at a Signalized Intersection,” Keiei Kagaku, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 87-99, 1963.
-  M. Koshi, “Koutsuu-kougaku-tsuuron,” Gijyutsu-syoin, 1989.
-  T. Oda, “Development and Perspectives of Traffic Signal Control,” Systems, Control and Information (J. of ISCIE), Vol.45, No.5, pp. 240-247, 2001.
-  Y. Imai, Y. Kato, and T. Hasegawa, “Advanced Demand Signals Scheme,” IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.J88-A, No.1, pp. 62-70, 2005.
-  M. Fukushima, “Progress of V-I Cooperative Safety Support System in Kanagawa, Japan,” Proc. of 15th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, 10043 (TS118), 2008.
-  S. Tsugawa, “Inter-Vehicle Communications and Their Applications,” J. of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.58, No.2, pp. 26-31, 2004.
-  S. Kato et al., “Vehicle Control Algorithms for Cooperative Driving with Automated Vehicles and Inter-Vehicle Communications,” IEEE Trans. on ITS, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 155-161, 2002.
-  S. Kato, N. Minobe, and S. Tsugawa, “Applications of Inter-Vehicle Communications to Driver Assistance System,” JSAE Review, Vol.24, pp. 9-15, 2003.
-  S. Kato, N. Hashimoto, N. Minobe, and S. Tsugawa, “Driver Assistance Systems using Communication to Traffic Lights: System Proposal and configuration Consideration,” IEICE Technical Report, ITS2006-89, pp. 79-82, 2007.
-  “Special Issue on Networks,” Oki Technical Review, Issue 215, Vol.76, No.2, pp. 70-73, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.