Driver Assistance Systems with Communication to Traffic Lights - Configuration of Assistance Systems by Receiving and Transmission and Field Experiments -
Shin Kato*, Naohisa Hashimoto*, Takeki Ogitsu*,**,
and Sadayuki Tsugawa*,***
*Intelligent Systems Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
**Keio University, Japan
***Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tempaku, Nagoya 468-8502, Japan
-  U. S. DOT, “The National ITS Architecture Version 3.0 (CDROM),” 1999.
-  F. V. Webster, “Traffic Signal Settings,” Road Research Technical Paper, No.39, 1958.
-  A. J. Miller, “Settings for Fixed-Cycle Traffic Signals,” Operational Research Quarterly, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 373-387, 1963.
-  M. Sadakata, “Analysis of Traffic Congestion at a Signalized Intersection,” Keiei Kagaku, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 87-99, 1963.
-  M. Koshi, “Koutsuu-kougaku-tsuuron,” Gijyutsu-syoin, 1989.
-  T. Oda, “Development and Perspectives of Traffic Signal Control,” Systems, Control and Information (J. of ISCIE), Vol.45, No.5, pp. 240-247, 2001.
-  Y. Imai, Y. Kato, and T. Hasegawa, “Advanced Demand Signals Scheme,” IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.J88-A, No.1, pp. 62-70, 2005.
-  M. Fukushima, “Progress of V-I Cooperative Safety Support System in Kanagawa, Japan,” Proc. of 15th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, 10043 (TS118), 2008.
-  S. Tsugawa, “Inter-Vehicle Communications and Their Applications,” J. of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.58, No.2, pp. 26-31, 2004.
-  S. Kato et al., “Vehicle Control Algorithms for Cooperative Driving with Automated Vehicles and Inter-Vehicle Communications,” IEEE Trans. on ITS, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 155-161, 2002.
-  S. Kato, N. Minobe, and S. Tsugawa, “Applications of Inter-Vehicle Communications to Driver Assistance System,” JSAE Review, Vol.24, pp. 9-15, 2003.
-  S. Kato, N. Hashimoto, N. Minobe, and S. Tsugawa, “Driver Assistance Systems using Communication to Traffic Lights: System Proposal and configuration Consideration,” IEICE Technical Report, ITS2006-89, pp. 79-82, 2007.
-  “Special Issue on Networks,” Oki Technical Review, Issue 215, Vol.76, No.2, pp. 70-73, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.