EU CyberCars-2 Final Demo Results: IAI-CSIC Standpoint
Javier Alonso, Joshué Pérez, Vicente Milanés, Carlos González,
and Teresa de Pedro
Centro de Automática y Robótica, UPM-CSIC, Carretera de Campo Real, km. 0.200, 28500 La Poveda, Arganda del Rey, Madrid, Spain
In our work on decision and control algorithms for cooperative driving maneuvers developed by the AUTOPIA group of the IAI-CSIC1 in EU project CyberCars-2 (CC2), we focused on defining and developing the software architecture and procedures enabling transparent cooperation between cybercars and dual-mode cars in complex maneuvers tested in the final CyberCars-2 demo. After briefly outlining a common architecture definition, a detailed study of cooperative maneuvers and an analysis of decision and control primitives for cooperative driving, we report on the final demonstration, the data it provided and its control algorithms. The main contributors to this work are: IAI-CSIC, INRIA, and TNO. Note that three different vehicles with different architectures and different control can cooperate using the data exchanged and a common decision algorithm to conduct complex cooperative maneuvers.
1. The Industrial Automation Institute (IAI-CSIC) merged with the Polytechnic University of Madrid to become the Robotics and Automation Center (CAR-UPM-CSIC) on March 1, 2010.
-  V. Milans, C. Gonzlez, J. E. Naranjo, E. Onieva, and T. Pedro, “Electro-Hydraulic Braking System for Autonomous Vehicles,” Int. J. of Automotive Technology, 2009.
-  J. E. Naranjo, C. Gonzalez, R. Garcia, and T. Pedro, “ACC+Stop&go maneuvers with throttle and brake fuzzy control,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 213-225, 2006.
-  T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 116-132, 1985.
-  T. Ernst, and A. Fortelle, “Car-to-Car And Car-to-Infrastructure Communication System Based on Nemo and Manet in Ipv6,” Proc. of the 13th World Congress and Exhibition on Intelligent Transport Sysyems and Services, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.