Real-Time Decision Making for Autonomous City Vehicles
Andrei Furda and Ljubo Vlacic
Intelligent Control Systems Laboratory (ICSL), Institute of Integrated and Intelligent Systems, Griffith University, Brisbane, QLD 4111, Australia
-  P. L. McCarney, “World Urban Forum III – an international unhabitat event on urban sustainability,” background paper, Technical report, World Urban Forum, 2006.
-  M. Parent and G. Gallais, “Intelligent transportation in cities with CTS,” In ITS World Congress, Chicago, USA, 2002.
-  M. Parent, “New technologies for sustainable urban transportation in Europe,” In 4th Asia Pacific Conf. on Transportation and the Environment, Xi’An, China, 2005.
-  J. Baber, J. Kolodko, T. Noel, M. Parent, and L. Vlacic, “Cooperative autonomous driving – intelligent vehicles sharing city roads,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, March 2005.
-  Global Innovation Centre and Griffith University, “Background research on conduct of national/international market analysis – cybernetic transportation systems development&demonstration projects,” Technical report, 2007.
-  J. Kolodko and L. Vlacic, “Cooperative autonomous driving at the Intelligent Control Systems Laboratory,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 8-11, 2003.
-  M. Parent and G. Gallais, “Cybercars: Review of first projects,” In Ninth Int. Conf. on Automated People Movers, Singapore, 2003.
-  M. Yang, C. Wang, R. Yang, and M. Parent, “Cyberc3: Cybercars automated vehicles in China,” In Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 2006, Washington DC, US, 2006.
-  DARPA, “Urban challenge rules,” 2006.
-  A. Bacha, C. Bauman, R. Faruque, M. Fleming, and C. Terwelp, “Odin: Team VictorTangos entry in the DARPA Urban Challenge,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.25, No.8, 2008.
-  J. Leonard, J. How, S. Teller, M. Berger, S. Campbell, G. Fiore, L. Fletcher, E. Frazzoli, A. Huang, S. Karaman, O. Koch, Y. Kuwata, D. Moore, E. Olson, S. Peters, J. Teo, R. Truax, and M. Walter, “A perception-driven autonomous urban vehicle,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.25, No.10, pp. 727-774, 2008.
-  C. Urmson et al., “Autonomous driving in urban environments: Boss and the Urban Challenge,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.25, No.8, 2008.
-  M. Montemerlo, J. Becker, S. Bhat, H. Dahlkamp, D. Dolgov, S. Ettinger, and D. Haehnel, “Junior: The Stanford entry in the Urban Challenge,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.25, No.9, 2008.
-  DARPA, “Sample route network definition file (RNDF),” Jul. 29, 2008.
-  A. Furda and L. Vlacic, “An object-oriented design of a world model for driverless city vehicles,” In 2010 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV 2010), San Diego, California, USA, 2010.
-  S. Thrun, M. Montemerlo, H. Dahlkamp, D. Stavens, A. Aaron, J. Diebel, P. Fong, J. Gale, M. Halpenny, G. Hoffmann, K. Lau, C. Oakley, M. Palatucci, V. Pratt, and P. Stang, “Stanley: The robot that won the DARPA Grand Challenge,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.23, No.9, pp. 661-692, 2006.
-  Team TerraMax, “Team TerraMax DARPA Grand Challenge 2005 – technical paper, 2005,” TerraMax technical paper Grand Challenge 2005.
-  D. Reichardt, “Kontinuierliche Verhaltenssteuerung eines autonomen Fahrzeugs in dynamischer Umgebung,” Ph.D. thesis, Universitaet Kaiserslautern, 1996.
-  G. Christos, “Cassandras and Stephane Lafortune. Introduction to discrete event systems,” second edition, Springer, 2008.
-  J. L. Peterson, “Petri net theory and the modeling of systems,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1981.
-  A. Furda and L. Vlacic, “Towards increased road safety: Real-time decision making for driverless city vehicles,” In 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Antonio, TX, USA, 2009.
-  A. Furda and L. Vlacic, “Multiple Criteria-Based Real-Time Decision Making by Autonomous City Vehicles,” To appear in the Proc. of 7th IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles (IAV 2010), Lecce, Italy, Sept. 8-10, 2010.
-  B. Molinete, L. Bouraui, E. Naranjo, H. Kostense, F. Hendriks, J. Alonso, R. Lobrino, and L. Isasi, “CyberCars-2: Close Communications for Cooperation between CyberCars,” Technical Report Project No IST-2004-0228062, 2009.
-  G. Baille, P. Garnier, H. Mathieu, and R. Pissard-Gibollet, “Le cycab de l’inria rhone-alpes,” Technical Report 0229, Intitut National de Recherce en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA), France, 1999.
-  C. Pradalier, J. Hermosillo, C. Koike, C. Braillon, P. Bessire, and C. Laugier, “The Cycab: a car-like robot navigating autonomously and safely among pedestrians,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.50, No.1, pp. 51-68, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.