Fault-Tolerant Multi-Robot Operational Strategy for Material Transport Systems Considering Maintenance Activity
Satoshi Hoshino*, Hiroya Seki*, Yuji Naka*,
and Jun Ota**
*Chemical Resources Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, R1-19, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8503, Japan
**Research into Artifacts, Center for Engineering (RACE), The University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
-  F. Taghaboni-Dutta and J. M. A. Tanchoco, “Comparison of Dynamic Routing Techniques for Automated Guided Vehicle Systems,” Production Research, Vol.33, No.10, pp. 2653-2669, 1995.
-  A. Langevin, D. Lauzon, and D. Riopel, “Dispatching, Routing, and Scheduling of Two Automated Guided Vehicles in a Flexible Manufacturing System,” Int. J. of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 247-262, 1996.
-  I. Sabuncuoglu, “A Study of Scheduling Rules of Flexible Manufacturing Systems: A Simulation Approach,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 527-546, 1998.
-  D. Y. Lee and F. DiCesare, “Integrated Scheduling of Flexible Manufacturing Systems Employing Automated Guided Vehicles,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.41, No.6, pp. 602-610, 1994.
-  N. Q. Wu and M. C. Zhou, “Modeling and Deadlock Control of Automated Guided Vehicle Systems,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 50-57, 2004.
-  J. Carlson and R. R. Murphy, “Reliability Analysis of Mobile Robots,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 274-281, 2003.
-  E. N. Skoundrianos and S. G. Tzafestas, “Finding Fault – Fault Diagnosis on the Wheels of a Mobile Robot Using Local Model Neural Networks,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 83-90, 2004.
-  A. L. Christensen, R. O’Grady, M. Birattari, and M. Dorigo, “Fault Detection in Autonomous Robots Based on Fault Injection and Learning,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 49-68, 2008.
-  M. T. Long, R. R Murphy, and L. E. Parker, “Distributed Multi-Agent Diagnosis and Recovery from Sensor Failures,” in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2506-2513, 2003.
-  L. E. Parker and B. Kannan, “Adaptive Causal Models for Fault Diagnosis and Recovery in Multi-Robot Teams,” in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2703-2710, 2006.
-  L. E. Parker, “ALLIANCE: An Architecture for Fault Tolerant Multi-Robot Cooperation,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 220-240, 1998.
-  B. P. Gerkey and M. J. Mataric, “Push-watcher: An approach to Fault-Tolerant Tightly-Coupled Robot Coordination,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 464-469, 2002.
-  T. Suzuki, S. Inagaki, H. Yuasa, and T. Arai, “Fault-Tolerance for Autonomous Decentralized Multi-Legged Robot System,” Intelligent Autonomous Systems Vol.7, pp. 325-332, 2002.
-  M. T. Khan and C. W. de Silva, “Autonomous Fault Tolerant Multi-Robot Cooperation Using Artificial Immune System,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Automation and Logistics, pp. 623-628, 2008.
-  M. B. Dias, R. Zlot, N. Kalra, and A. Stentz, “Robust Multirobot Coordination in Dynamic Environments,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3435-3442, 2004.
-  B. M. Beamon, “Performance, Reliability, and Performability of Material Handling Systems,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 377-393, 1998.
-  T. Ganesharajah, N. G. Hall, and C. Sriskandarajah, “Design and Operational Issues in AGV-Served Manufacturing Systems,” Annals of Operations Research, Vol.76, No.1, pp. 109-154, 1998.
-  S. Hoshino, H. Seki, and Y. Naka, “Pipeless Batch Plant with Operating Robots for a Multiproduct Production System,” Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems Vol.8, Springer, pp. 503-512, 2008.
-  S. Hoshino, H. Seki, Y. Naka, and J. Ota, “Integrated Operational Techniques for Efficient Robotic Batch Manufacturing Systems,” in IEEE Int. Symposium on Assembly and Manufacturing, pp. 137-142, 2009.
-  J. Wang, “On Sign-board Based Inter-robot Communication in Distributed Robotic Systems,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1045-1050, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.