Electric Wheelchair Controlled by Human Body Motion -Classification of Body Motion and Improvement of Control Method-
Sho Yokota*, Hiroshi Hashimoto**, Yasuhiro Ohyama***,
and Jinhua She***
*Faculty Science and Engineering, Setsunan University
**Advanced Institute Industrial Technology
***School of Computer Science, Tokyo University of Technology
-  J. Kono and J. Inada, “Special Characteristics of Tooth Brushing Movement in Elementary School and the Elderly,” The Japanese Society for Dental Health, Vol.58, No.3(19950625), pp. 91-92, 1995. (in Japanese)
-  R. C. Simpon and S. P. Levine, “Adaptive shared control of a smart wheelchair operated by voice control,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 622-626, 1997.
-  Y. Ichinose, M. Wakumoto, K. Honda, T. Azuma, and J. Sato, “Human Interface Using a Wireless Tongue-Palate Contact Pressure Sensor System and Its Application to the Control of an Electric Wheelchair,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J86-D-II, No.2, pp. 364-367, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  I. Moon, M. Lee, J. Chu, and M. Mun, “Wearable EMG-based HCI for Electric-Powered Wheelchair Users with Motor Disabilities,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2649-2654, 2005.
-  M. Kamata, H. Nishino, H. Yoshida, T. Someya, and M. Suzuki, “Development of a Wheelchair of Head Operation with Gyro Sensor,” JSME Proc. of the Welfare Engineering Symposium 2001, p. 420, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  T. Kigoshi et al., “Electric wheelchair control with eye position and face inclination,” Technical report of IEICE (ISSN:09135685), Vol.107, No.72(20070518), pp. 13-16, 2007.
-  S. Yokota, Y. Ohyama, H. Hashimoto, and J.-H. She, “The Electric Wheelchair Controlled by Human Body Motion –Design of the prototype and basic experiment–”, Proc. of the 17th IEEE Int. Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication ROMAN2008, pp. 303-308, 2008.
-  S. Yokota, H. Hashimoto, Y. Ohyama, and J.-H. She, “Electric Wheelchair Controlled by Human Body Motion Interface,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.129, No.10, pp. 1874-1880, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.