Development of a Pneumatic Surgical Manipulator IBIS IV
Kotaro Tadano*, Kenji Kawashima*, Kazuyuki Kojima**,
and Naofumi Tanaka**
*Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama-shi, 226-8503, Japan
**Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1-5-45 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8519, Japan
-  R. H. Taylor and D. Stioianovici, “Medical Robotics in Computer-Integrated Surgery,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 765-780, 2003.
-  H. Yamashita, D. Kim, N. Hata, and T. Dohi, “Multi-Slider Linkage Mechanism for Endoscopic Forceps Manipulator,” In Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ, Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 2577-2582, 2003.
-  N. Matsuhira et al., “Development of a Functional Model for a Master-Slave Combined Manipulator for Laparoscopic Surgery,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.17, No.6, 2003, pp. 523-539.
-  M. Hashizume et al., “Early Experience of Endoscopic Procedures in General Surgery Assisted by a Computer-Enhanced Surgical System,” Surgical Endoscopy, Vol.16, 2002, pp. 1187-1191.
-  M. C. Cavusoglu, W. Williams, F. Tendick, and S. S. Sastry, “Robotics for Telesurgery: Second Generation Berkeley/Ucsf Laparoscopic Telesurgical Workstation and Looking Towards the Future Applications,” In Proc. of the 39th Allerton Conf. on Communication, Control and Computing, Oct. 2001.
-  F. Tajima, K. Kishi, K. Nishizawa, K. Kan, H. Ishii, M. G. Fujie, T. Dohi, K. Sudo, and S. Takamoto, “A Prototype Master-Slave System Consisting of Two MR-Compatible Manipulators with Interchangeable Surgical Tools,” In Proc. of Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2004.
-  J. Arata, M. Mitsuishi, S. Warisawa, K. Tanaka, T. Yoshizawa, and M. Hashizume, “Development of a Dexterous Minimally-Invasive Surgical System with Augmented Force Feedback Capability,” In Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3738-3743, Aug. 2005.
-  M. J. H. Lum, D. Trimble, J. Rosen, K. Fodero II, H. H. King, G. Sankaranarayanan, J. Dosher, R. Leuschke, B. M. Anderson, M. N. Sinanan, and B. Hannaford. “Multidisciplinary Approach for Developing a New Minimally Invasive Surgical Robotic System,” In Proc. of the 2006 BioRob Conf., 2006.
-  O. Gerovichev, P. Marayong, and A. M. Okamura, “The Effect of Visual and Haptic Feedback on Computer-Assisted Needle Insertion,” Computer-Aided Surgery, Vol.9, No.6, 2004, pp. 243-249.
-  J. T. Dennerlein, D. B. Martin, and H. Zak, “Haptic Force-Feedback Devices for the Office Computer: Performance and Musculoskeletal Loading Issues,” Human Factors, Vol.43, No.2, 1996, pp. 278-286.
-  A. M. Okamura, L. N. Verner, C. E. Reiley, and M. Mahvash, “Haptics for Robot-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery,” In Proc. of the Int. Symposium Robotics Research, Hiroshima, Japan, November 26-29, 2007.
-  G. Tholey, J. P. Desai, and A. E. Castellanos, “Force Feedback Plays a Significant Role in Minimally Invasive Surgery,” Annals of Surgery, Vol.241, No.1, 2005, pp. 102-109.
-  M. Kitagawa, D. Dokko, A. M. Okamura, and D. D. Yuh, “Effect of Sensory Substitution on Suturemanipulation Forces for Robotic Surgical Systems,” The J. of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Vol.129, No.1, 2005, pp. 151-158.
-  S. Tachi, T. Sakaki, H. Arai, S. Nishizawa, and J. F. Pelaez-Polo, “Impedance Control of a Direct-drive Manipulator without Using Force Sensors,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.5, No.2, 1991, pp. 183-205.
-  A. J. Madhani, G. Niemeyer, and J. K. Salisbury Jr., “The Black Falcon: A Teleoperated Surgical Instrument for Minimally-Invasive Surgery,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotic Systems, Vol.2, pp. 936-994, 1998.
-  K. Tadano, K. Kawashima, and T. Kagawa, “Evaluation of a Master Slave System with Force Sensing,” Proc. of SICE Annual Conf., pp. 2871-2874, 2007.
-  K. Tadano, K. Kawashima, and T. Kagawa, “Development of Robot Manipulator for Laparoscopic Surgery with Force Display Using Pneumatic Servo System,” Proc. of 7th JFPS Int. symposium on Fluid Power, pp. 821-824, 2008.
-  K. Tadano and K. Kawashima, “Development of 4-DOFs Forceps with Force Sensing Using Pneumatic Servo System,” Proc. of IEEE/ICRA, 2006, pp. 2250-2256.
-  Y. Yokokohji and Y. Yoshikawa, “Bilateral Control of Master-Slave Manipulators for Ideal Kinesthetic Coupling,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, No.5, 1994, pp. 605-620.
-  B. Hannaford, “Design Framework for Teleoperations with Kinematic Feedback,” IEEE Tanas. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.5, pp. 426-434, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.