Functionally Layered Video Coding Based on JP2K for Robot Vision Network
Sakol Udomsiri*, Hideki Taguchi*, Tomoyuki Takahashi*,
Masahiro Iwahashi*, and Tetsuya Kimura**
*Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology
**Dept. of System Safety, Nagaoka University of Technology 1603-1, Kamitomioka, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-2188, Japan
-  G. N. Desouza and A. C. Kak, “Vision for Mobile Robot Navigation: a Survey,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, Issue 2, pp. 237-267, Feb. 2002.
-  D. Nister, O. Naroditsky, and J. Bergen, “Visual Odometry,” Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Vol.1, 27, pp. I-652-659, July 2004.
-  R. Munguia and A. Grau, “Monocular SLAM for Visual Odometry,” IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing (WISP), pp. 1-6, Oct. 2007.
-  C. A. Wilson and J. A. Theriot, “A Correlation-Based Approach to Calculate Rotation and Translation of Moving Cells,” IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.15, Issue 7, pp. 1939-1951, July 2006.
-  N. P. Papanikolopoulos, P. K. Khosla, and T. Kanade, “Visual tracking of a moving target by a camera mounted on a robot: a combination of control and vision,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automation, Vol.9, Issue1, pp. 14-35, Feb. 1993.
-  K. Ito, H. Nakajima, K. Kobayashi, T. Aoki, and T. Higuchi, “A Fingerprint Matching Algorithm Using Phase-Only Correlation,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, Vol.E87-A No.3 pp. 682-691, March 2004.
-  G. K. Wallace, “The JPEG Still Picture Compression Standard,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron. Vol.38, No.1, pp. 108-124, 1992.
-  D. Legall, “MPEG: A Video Compression Standard for Multimedia Applications,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 46-58, 1991.
-  K. Konolige, C. Ortiz, R. Vincent, A. Agno, M. Eriksen, B. Limketkai, M. Lewis, L. Briesemeister, and E. Ruspini, “CENTIBOTS: Large Scale Robot Teams,” DARPA Software for Distributed Robotics: Technical Report, Dec. 2002.
-  JTC1/ SC29, “Information technology - JPEG 2000 image coding system: Core coding system,” ISO/IEC15444-1, 2004.
-  A. Descampe, F. O. Devaux, G. Rouvroy, J. D. Legat, J. J. Quisquater, and B. Macq, “A Flexible Hardware JPEG 2000 Decoder for Digital Cinema,” IEEE Trans. CAS for Video Technology, Vol.16, Issue 11, pp. 1397-1410, Nov. 2006.
-  S. Tansuriyavong, T. Suzuki, and M. Iwahashi, “Awareness Video Communication System based on JPEG2000,” The J. of the Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan, Visual Computing, Devices & Communications., Vol.36, No.5, pp. 807-813, Sept. 2007.
-  S. Udomsiri, M. Iwahashi, and S. Muramatsu, “Functionally layered video coding for water level monitoring,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals of Electronics, Commun. Computer Sciences, Vol.E91-A, No.4, pp. 1006-1014, Apr. 2008.
-  M. Iwahashi, H. Taguchi, and T. Kimura, “Functionally Layered Coding for Robot Vision Network,” Picture Coding Symposium, Taiwan, May, 2009 (to be published).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.