3D Hand Pose Estimation Using a Single Camera for Unspecified Users
Kiyoshi Hoshino and Motomasa Tomida
Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  J. M. Rehg and T. Kanade, “Visual Tracking of High DOF Articulated Structures: an Application to Human Hand Tracking,” European Conf. Computer Vision, pp. 35-46, 1994.
-  M. H. Jeong, Y. Kuno, N. Shimada, and Y. Shirai, “Recognition of Shape-Changing Hand Gestures, IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems,” E85-D, pp. 1678-1687, 2002.
-  S. Lu, D. Metaxas, D. Samaras, and J. Oliensis, “Using Multiple Cues for Hand Tracking and Model Refinement.” Proc. CVPR2003, 2, pp. 443-450, 2003.
-  E. Ueda, Y. Matsumoto, M. Imai, and T. Ogasawara, “Hand Pose Estimation for Vision-Based Human Interface,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, 50, 4, pp. 676-684, 2003.
-  M. H. Jeong, Y. Kuno, N. Shimada, and Y. Shirai, “Recognition of Two-Hand Gestures Using Coupled Switching Linear Model,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, E86-D, pp. 1416-1425, 2003.
-  T. Gumpp, P. Azad, K. Welke, E. Oztop, R. Dillmann, and G. Cheng, “Unconstrained Real-Time Markerless Hand Tracking for Humanoid Interaction,” Proc. IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, CD-ROM, 2006.
-  V. Athitos and S. Scarloff, “An Appearance-Based Framework for 3D Hand Shape Classification and Camera Viewpoint Estimation,” Proc. Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 40-45, 2002.
-  K. Hoshino and T. Tanimoto, “Real Time Search for Similar Hand Images from Database for Robotic Hand Control,” IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, E88-A, pp. 2514-2520, 2005.
-  Y. Wu, J. Lin, and T. S. Huang, “Analyzing and Capturing Articulated Hand Motion in Image Sequences,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 27, pp. 1910-1922, 2005.
-  K. Hoshino, E. Tamaki, and T. Tanimoto, “Copycat Hand - Robot Hand Imitating Human Motions at High Speed and with High Accuracy,” Advanced Robotics, 21, pp. 1743-1761, 2007.
-  R. Sano, M. Tomida, and K. Hoshino, “3D Hand Posture Estimation Using Relative Positions of Fingernails as First-Stage Screening,” ITE technical report, 33, pp. 21-24, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  N. Otsu and T. Kurita, “A New Scheme for Practical, Flexible and Intelligent Vision Systems,” Proc. IAPR. Workshop on Computer Vision, pp. 431-435, 1998.
-  K. Hoshino and I. Kawabuchi, “Pinching at Finger Tips for Humanoid Robot Hand,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, 17, pp. 655-663, 2005.
-  K. Hoshino and T. Tanimoto, “Realtime Hand Posture Estimation with Self-Organizing Map for Stable Robot Control,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, E89-D, pp. 1813-1819, 2006.
-  B. Stenger, A. Thayananthan, P. H. S. Torr, and R. Cipolla, “Hand Pose Estimation Using Hierarchical Detection,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3058, pp. 105-116, 2004.
-  A. Thayananthan, B. Stenger, P. H. S. Torr, and R. Cipolla, “Learning a Kinematic Prior for Tree-Based Filtering,” British Machine Vision Conference, 2, pp. 589-598, 2003.
-  C. Tomasi, S. Petrov, and A. Sastry, “3D Tracking = Classification + Interpolation,” Ninth IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, 2, pp. 1441-1448, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.