Object Detection and Recognition Using Template Matching with SIFT Features Assisted by Invisible Floor Marks
Seiji Aoyagi*, Nobuhiko Hattori*, Atsushi Kohama*, Sho Komai*,
Masato Suzuki*, Masaharu Takano*, and Eiji Fukui**
*Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University
3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
**OG Corporation 2-8-7 Nihonbashi-honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8417, Japan
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” Cambridge, MA New York, MIT Press, 2005. (Japanese version by R. Ueda, Mainichi-Communications, 2007).
-  A. Davison, “Real-time Simultaneous Localization and Mapping with a Single Camera,” in Proc. ICCV, pp. 1403-1410, Nice, France, 2003.
-  M. Tomono, “3-D Object Map Building Using Dense Object Models with SIFT-based Recognition Features,” in Proc. IROS 2006, pp. 1885-1890, Beijing, China, 2006.
-  R. Sim and J. J. Little, “Autonomous Vision-Based Exploration and Mapping Using Hybrid Maps and Rao-Blackwellised Particle Filters,” in Proc. IROS 2006, pp. 2082-2089, Beijing, China, 2006.
-  R. Kurazume, H. Yamada, K. Murakami, Y. Iwashita, and T. Hasegawa, “Target Tracking Using SIR and MCMC Particle Filters by Multiple Cameras and Laser Range Finders,” in Proc. IROS 2008, pp. 3838-3844, Nice, France, 2008.
-  S. Ikeda and J. Miura, “3D Indoor Environment Modeling by a Mobile Robot with Omnidirectional Stereo and Laser Range Finder,” in Proc. IROS 2006, pp. 3435-3440, Beijing, China, 2006.
-  “Special Issue on Visual SLAM,” J. Neira, A. J. Devison, and J. J. Leonard (Eds.), IEEE Trans. Robotics, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 929-1093, 2008.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Object Recognition from Local Scale-Invariant Features,” in Proc. ICCV, pp. 1150-1157, Kerkyra, Greece, 1999.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints,” Int. J. Computer Vision, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 91-110, 2004.
-  D. Meger, P. E. Forssen, K. Lai, S. Helmer, S. McCann, T. Southey, M. Baumann, J. J. Little, and D. G. Lowe, “Curious George: An Attentive Semantic Robot,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.56, No.6, pp. 503-511, 2008.
-  H. Zender, O. Martinez, M. P. Jensfelt, G. J. M. Kruijiff, and W. Burgard, “Conceptual Spatial Representations for Indoor Mobile Robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.56, No.6, pp. 493-502, 2008.
-  A. C. Murillo, J. Košecká, J. J. Guerrero, and C. C. Sagüés, “Visual Door Detection Integrating Appearance and Shape Cues,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.56, No.6, pp. 512-521, 2008.
-  From Features to Actions -Unifying Perspectives in Computational and Robot Vision, Workshop at ICRA 2007, Roma, Italy.
-  From Sensors to Human Spatial Concepts, Workshop at IROS 2007, San Diego, USA.
-  S. Aoyagi, T. Yamaguchi, K. Tsunemine, H. Kinomoto, and M. Takano, “Development of a Mobile Home Robot System based on RECS Concept and Its Application to Setting and Clearing the Table,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.6, 2007, pp. 646-655, 2007.
-  T. Joutou, H. Hoashi, and K. Yanai, “50-kind Food Image Recognition employing Multiple Kernel Learning,” in Proc. Meeting on Image Recognition and Understanding (MIRU), pp. 111-118, Matsue, Japan, 2009.
-  R. Suematsu and H. Yamada, “Image Processing Engineering,” CORONA PUBLISHING CO., LTD., pp. 133-136, 2000.
-  K. Okada, M. Kojima, Y. Sagawa, T. Ichino, K. Sato, and M. Inaba, “Vision Based Behavior Verification System of Humanoid Robot for Dailyenvironment Tasks,” in Proc. IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2006), pp. 7-12, 2006.
-  H. Murase and S. K. Nayar, “3D Object Recognition from Appearance: Parametric Eigenspace Method,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J77-D-2, No.11, pp. 2179-2187, 1994.
-  R. Hess, http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/∼hess/index.html
-  B. Jeff and D. G. Lowe, “Shape in Indexing Using Approximate Nearest-neighbor Search in High-dimensional Space,” in Proc. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1000-1006, Puerto Rico, 1997.
-  E. Frank, M. A. Hall, G. Holmes, R. Kirkby, and B. Pfahringer, WEKA [Software]. Available: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/
-  A. Stein and M. Hebert, “Incorporating Background Invariance into Feature-Based Object Recognition,” in Proc. the seventh IEEE work shop on Application of Computer Vision (WACV/MOTION’05), pp. 37-44, Washington, D. C., USA, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.