A Double Image Acquisition System with Visible and UV LEDs for Citrus Fruit
Mitsutaka Kurita* , Naoshi Kondo*2, Hiroshi Shimizu*2, Peter Ling*3, Paolo D. Falzea*4, Tomoo Shiigi*5, Kazunori Ninomiya*, Takahisa Nishizu*6, and Kazuya Yamamoto*5
*SI Seiko Co.,Ltd.,66, Takaoka-cho, Matsuyama, Ehime 791-8036, Japan
*2Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University,
Kitashirakawa-Oiwakecho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
*3Department of Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering, The Ohio State University,
1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
*4Faculty of Agricultural Science, Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria,
89060, Localita Feo di Vito, Reggio Calabria, Italy
*5Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ehime University,
3 Bunkyo-cho, Matsuyama, Ehime 790-8577, Japan
*6Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Gifu University,
1-1 Yanagito, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  N. Aleixos, J. Blasco, F. Navarron, and E. Molto, “Multispectral inspection of citrus in real-time using machine vision and digital signal,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 33, pp. 121-137, 2002.
-  W. Andrew, “Vision system grades moving food products,” Vision System Design, pp. 26-29, June 2002.
-  A. Davenel, C. Guizard, T. Labarre, and F. Sevila, “Automation Detection of Surface Defects on Fruit by Using a Vision System,” J. agric. Engng Res. 41, pp. 1-9, 1998.
-  T. Ishii, H. Toita, N. Kondo, and N. Tahara, “Deciduous Fruit Grading Robot(Part 2) — Development of Image Processing System —,” J. JSAM, 65(6), pp. 173-183, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Kurita, N. Kondo, and K. Ninomiya, “Defect Detection for Tomato Granding by use of Six Color CCD Cameras,” Journal of Science and High Technology in Agriculture, 18(2), pp. 135-144, 2006.
-  V. Leemans, H. Magein, M. F. Destain, “On-line Fruit Grading according to their External Quality using Machine Vision,” Biosystems Engineering, 83(4), pp. 397-404, 2002.
-  V. Leemans and M. F. Destain, “A real-time grading method of apples based on features extracted from defects,” Journal of Food Engineering, 61, pp. 83-89, 2004.
-  J. B. Njoroge, K. Ninomiya, N. Kondo, and H. Toita, “Automated Fruit Grading System Using Image,” Proc. 2002 SICE, Osaka, pp. 1290-1295, 2002.
-  Y. Ogawa, N. Kondo, and S. Shibusawa, “Internal Quality Evaluation of Fruit with Soft X-ray CT,” Journal of the JSAM, 67(3), pp. 114-121, 2005.
-  Y. Ogawa, N. Kondo, and S. Shibusawa, “Internal Quality Evaluation of Fruit with Soft Transparent Image,” Journal of Science and High Technology in Agriculture, 17(2), pp. 75-83, 2005.
-  R.Lu and D.Ariana, “A near-Infrared Sensing Technique for Measureing Internal Quality of Apple Fruit,” Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 18(5), pp. 585-590, 2002.
-  J. Uozumi et al., “Spectrophotometric System for the Quality Evaluation of Unevenly Clored Food,” Journal of the JSFST, 34(3), pp. 163-170, 1987.
-  N. Kondo, K. Yamamoto, S. Taniwaki, M. Kuramoto, M. Kurita, and K. Ninomiya, “Machine vision system for detecting rotten citrus fruit by use of UV LEDs,” ASABE an Int. Conf. in BIOLOGICAL SENSORICS, (Database), 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.