Observation of Human Activities Based on Spatial Memory in Intelligent Space
Mihoko Niitsuma* and Hideki Hashimoto**
*Department of Precision Mechanics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Chuo University
1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
**Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo
4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8505, Japan
-  B. Brumitt, B. Meyers, J. Krumm, A. Kern, and S. Shafer, “EasyLiving: Technologies for Intelligent Environments,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 12-27, 2000.
-  B. Johanson, A. Fox, and T. Winograd, “The Interactive Workspaces Project: Experiences with Ubiquitous Computing Rooms,” IEEE Pervasive Computing Magazine, Vol.1, No.2, April-June, 2002.
-  C.y D. Kidd, R. Orr, G. D. Abowd, C. G. Atkeson, I. A. Essa, B. MacIntyre, E. Mynatt, T.d E. Starner, and W. Newstetter, “The Aware Home: A living laboratory for ubiquitous computing research,” Proc. of the Second Int. Workshop on Cooperative Buildings, 1999.
-  L. Scanlo, “Rethinking the Computer — Project Oxygen is turning out prototype computer systems,” Technology Review, 2004.
-  S. S. Intille, “Designing a House of the Future,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, April-June, pp. 80-86, 2002.
-  Y. Nakauchi, T. Fukuda, K. Noguchi, and T. Matsubara, “Intelligent Kitchen: Cooking Support by LCD and Mobile Robot with IC-Labeled Objects,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, pp. 2464-2469, 2005.
-  Y. Nishida, M. Hiramoto, F. Kusunoki, and H. Mizoguchi, “Learning by Doing: Space-Associate Language Learning Using a Sensorized Environment,” in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1583-1588, 2005.
-  J.-H. Lee and H. Hashimoto, “Intelligent Space — concept and contents,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 265-280, 2002.
-  D. Brscic, T. Sasaki, and H. Hashimoto, “Implementation of Mobile Robot Control in Intelligent Space,” Proc. of SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, pp. 1228-1233, 2006.
-  Y. Toshima, N. Ando, and H. Hashimoto, “Information Display System using Active Projector in Intelligent Space —Integration of distributed devices based on RT-Middleware,” The 12th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, pp. 183-186, 2007.
-  M. Niitsuma, Hiroshi Hashimoto, and Hideki Hashimoto, “Spatial Memory as an Aid System for Human Activity in Intelligent Space,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.2, pp. 1122-1131, 2007.
-  ZPS (Zone Positioning System)—3D, Furukawa Industrial Machinery Systems CO.,LTD,
-  M. Niitsuma and H. Hashimoto, “Extraction of Space-Human Activity Association for Design of Intelligent Environment,” in Proc. of the 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1814-1819, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.