Rotation-Based Dynamic Localization at an Initial Dead-Zone Avoidance Stage on an RFID Tag Lattice
Kenri Kodaka, Haruhiko Niwa, and Shigeki Sugano
Waseda University, WABOT-HOUSE Laboratory
1-18 Techno-Plaza, Kakamigahara-shi, Gifu 509-0109, Japan
-  S. Sugano, Y. Shirai, and S. Chae, “Environment Design for Human-Robot Symbiosis — Introduction of WABOT-HOUSE Project,” Proc. of the 23rd Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp. 152-157, 2006.
-  D. Hähnel, W. Bugard, D. Fox, K. Fishkin, and M. Philipose, “Mapping and Localization with RFID Technology,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 1015-1020, 2004.
-  T. Yamano, K. Tanaka, M. Hirayama, E. Kondo, Y. Kimuro, and M. Matsumoto, “Self-localization of Mobile Robots with RFID System by using Support Vector Machine,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and System (IROS), pp. 3756-3761, 2004.
-  K. Kawashima, T. Kainuma, T. Iwao, and N. Fujino, “A position detection method using ActiveRFID and its experiment,” IEICE technical report. Information networks, Vol.103, No.691, pp. 49-54, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Asakawa, K. Nishihara, and T. Yoshidome, “A Detection System of Location and Direction Angle by a RF Tag Reader Using a Rotary Antenna,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 189-195, 2008.
-  S. Park, R. Saegusa, and S. Hashimoto, “Autonomous Navigation of a Mobile Robot Based on Passive RFID,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Symposium on Robot & Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN), pp. 218-223, 2007.
-  K. Kodaka, H. Niwa, Y. Sakamoto, M. Otake, Y. Kanemori, and S. Sugano, “Pose Estimation of a Mobile Robot on a Lattice of RFID Tags,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and System (IROS), pp. 1385-1390, 2008.
-  V. Kulyukin, A. Kutiyanawala, and M. Jiang, “Surface-embedded Passive RF Exteroception: Kepler, Greed, and Buffon's Needle,” Proc. of the Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC), pp. 33-42, 2007.
-  S. Thrun, D. Fox, W. Burgard, and F. Dellaert, “Robust Monte Carlo localization for mobile robots,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.128, pp. 99-141, 2001.
-  H. Niwa, K. Kodaka, Y. Sakamoto, M. Otake, S. Kawaguchi, K. Fujii, Y. Kanemori, and S. Sugano, “GPS-based indoor positioning system with multi-channel pseudolite,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. of Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 905-910, 2008.
-  M. Kourogi and T. Kurata, “Indoor/Outdoor Pedestrian Navigation with an Embedded GPS/RFID/Self-contained Sensor System,” Proc. of the 16th Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT), pp. 1310-1321, 2006.
-  Y. Matsumoto, T. Wada, S. Nishio, T. Miyashita, and N. Hagita, “Scalable Multi-People Head Tracking for Robotic Services Combining Multiple Sensors,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI), pp. 581-586, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.