Stabilizing Passive Dynamic Walk Under Wide Range of Environments by Constraint Mechanism Fitted to Sole of Foot
Kazuyuki Hyodo*, Takeshi Oshimura**, Sadayoshi Mikami**, and Sho'ji Suzuki**
*Toyota technological Institute
2-12-1 Hisakata Tempaku, Nagoya 468-8511, Japan
**Faculty of Systems Information Science, Future University-Hakodate
116-2 Kamedanakono-cho, Hakodate, Hokkaido 041-8655, Japan
-  T. McGeer, “Passive Dynamic Walking,” Int. J. of Rob. Res., Vol.9, No.2, pp. 62-68, 1990.
-  T. McGeer, “Passibr dynamic biped catalogue,” The 2nd Int. Symposium on Experimental Robotics II, 1993.
-  M. Garcia, et al. “The Simplest Walking Model: Stability, Complexity, and Scaling,” J. of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol.120, pp. 281-288, 1998.
-  S. H. Collins, M. Wisse, and A. Ruina, “A Three-Dimensional Passive-Dynamic Walking Robot with Two Legs and Knees,” The Int. J. of Rob. Res., Vol.20, No.7, pp. 607-615, 2001.
-  F. Asano, M. Yamakita, N. Kamamichi, and Zhi-Wei Luo, “A Novel Gait Generation for Biped Walking Robots Based on Mechanical Energy Constraint,” IEEE trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 565-573, 2004.
-  Y. Sugimoto and K. Osuka, “Walking Control of Quasi Passive Dynamic Walking Robot “Quartet III” based on Continuous Delayed Feedback Control,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, 2004.
-  Y. Ikemata, A. Sano, and H. Fujimoto, “Generation and Local Stabilization of Fixed Point Based on a Stability Mechanism of Passive Walking,” Int. Conf. on Robtics and Automation., pp. 836-841, 2006.
-  R. Tedrake, T. W. Zhang, M.-F. Fong, and H. S. Seung, “Actuating a Simple 3D Passive Dynamic Walker,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation., pp. 4656-4661, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.