View-Based Localization Using Head-Mounted Multi Sensors Information
Hiroaki Yaguchi, Nikolaus Zaoputra, Naotaka Hatao, Kimitoshi Yamazaki, Kei Okada, and Masayuki Inaba
The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
In view-based navigation, view sequences are constructed by considering only the appearance of images. This approach can work only in limited situation, because the structure of environment and camera poses with 3D camera motion is not considered. In this paper, we construct a multi sensor system using an omnidirectional camera, a motion sensor and laser range finders. Using this system, we propose a method of construction view sequence, that takes 3D camera poses into account.
-  Y. Matsumoto, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “View-based approach to robot navigation,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 506-514, 2002.
-  H. Morita, M. Hild, J. Miura, and Y. Shirai, “Panoramic view-based navigation in outdoor environments based on support vector learning,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2303-2307, 2006.
-  H. Katsura, J. Miura, M. Hild, and Y. Shirai, “A view-based outdoor navigation using object recognition robust to changes of weather and seasons,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2974-2979, 2003.
-  O. Stasse, A. J. Davison, R. Sellaouti, and K. Yokoi, “Real-time 3d slam for humanoid robot considering pattern generator information,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 348-355, 2006.
-  A. A. Argyros, D. P. Tsakiris, and C. Groyer, “Biomimetric centering behavior,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 21-30, 2004.
-  J. Gaspar, N. Winters, and J. Santos-Victor, “Vision-based navigation and environmental representations with an omni-directional camera,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 890-898, 2000.
-  H. Ishiguro and S. Tsuji, “Image-based memory of environment,” In IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 634-639, 1996.
-  E. Menegatti, T. Maeda, and H. Ishiguro, “Image-based memory for robot navigation using properties of omnidirectional images,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.47, No.4, pp. 251-267, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.