Design of Autonomous/Man-Machine-Cooperative Mobile Robot
Shinkichi Inagaki, Tatsuya Suzuki, Takahiro Ito, and Wu Shidan
Dept. of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Nagoya University
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Japan
The control methodology we propose for a nonholonomic electric two-wheeled vehicle combines autonomous control and man-machine-cooperative control. “Autonomous control” is designed using time-state control to reduce vehicle deviation from a guidance line. “Man-machine-cooperative control” is designed using impedance control to generate power to assist user maneuvers. Experiments demonstrate the usefulness of our proposed design.
-  J. Miyata, Y. Kaida, and T. Murakami, “ν-φ-Coordinate-Based Power-Assist Control of Electric Wheelchair for a Caregiver,” Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.55, issue 6, pp. 2517-2524, 2008.
- 2] S. Oh, N. Hata, and Y. Hori, “Integrated Motion Control of a Wheelchair in the Longitudinal, Lateral, and Pitch Directions," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.55, issue 4, pp. 1855-1862, 2008.
-  S. Katsura and K. Ohnishi, “Human cooperative wheelchair for haptic interaction based on dual compliance control,” Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.51, issue 1, pp. 221-228, 2004.
-  K. Terashima, K. Watanabe, Y. Kondo, T. Miyoshi, J. Urbano, and S. Kitamura, “Skill Assist Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Omni-directional Wheelchair for Attendants Considering Rotation Center of Vehicle,” 17th IFAC World Congress, pp. 15106-15113, 2008.
-  O. Chuy, Y. Hirata, and K. Kosuge,“A New Control Approach for a Robotic Walking Support System in Adapting User Characteristics,” Systems, man, and cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on, part C, Vol.36, No.6, pp. 725-733, 2006.
-  S. Fujiwara, H. Yamashita, H. Maeda, and M. Okano, “Omni-Directional Power Assisted Cart with Collision Avoidance Function,” JRSJ, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 105-111, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  S. Hirano, S. Wakoh, and K. Sagawa, “Development of Power-Assisted Wagon,” Proc. of JSME Kanto Branch Ibaraki Conf. pp. 263-264, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  S. Hara, “A Smooth Switching From Power-Assist Control to Automatic Transfer Control and Its Application to a Transfer Machine,” Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 638-650, 2006.
-  ---, “Positioning Control Method by Means of a Switching from Automatic Traveling Mode to Semi-Automatic Settling Mode (Proposal of Semi-Automatic Settling Mode),” Transactions of the JSME, Series C, Vol.71, No.708, pp. 2549-2556, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  ---, “Positioning Control Method by Means of a Switching from Automatic Traveling Mode to Semi-Automatic Settling Mode (Use of Past Operation Trajectories),” Transactions of the JSME, Series C, Vol.72, No.723, pp. 3443-3447, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  R. W. Brockett, “Asymptotic stability and feedback stabilization,” Differential Geometric Control Theory, Vol.27, pp. 181-191, 1983.
-  M. Sampei, “Feedback Control of Non-Holonomic Systems,” Journal of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.36, No.6, pp. 396-403, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.