Stepwise Locomotion on a Deformable Surface Using Shear Displacement Produced by a Pneumatic Suction Device
Toshiaki Horie* and Satoshi Konishi**
*Panasonic Electronic Device Co., Ltd. Corporate Components Development Center. Material&Process Laboratory, 1453 Tastutachou, Moriyama-City, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu-City, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  K. J. Rebello, “Applications of MEMS in Surgery,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.92, No.1, Jan., 2004.
-  Y. Haga and M. Esashi, “Biomedical Microsystems for Minimally Invasive Diagnosis and Treatment,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.92, No.1, Jan., 2004.
-  D. B. Camarillo, T. M. Krummel, and J. K. Salisbury, “Robotic technology in surgery: past, present, and future,” The American Journal of Surgery, 188, 2s-15s, Oct., 2004.
-  http://www.intuitivesurgical.com Intuitive Surgical Co., CA.
-  G. Iddan, G. Meron, A. Glukhovsky, and P. Swain, “Wireless Capsule Endoscopy,” Nature, Vol.405, pp. 417-420, May, 2000.
-  K. Ikuta, K. Yamamoto, and K. Sasaki, “Development of Remote Microsurgery Robot and New Surgical Procedure for Deep and Narrow Space,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 1103-1108, Sep., 2003.
-  B. Kim, S. Lee, J. H. Park, and J. O. Park, “Design and Fabrication of a Locomotive Mechanism for Capsule-Type Endoscopes Using Shape Memory Alloys (SMA),” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.2, Feb., 2005.
-  T. S. Kim, B. Kim, D. D. Cho, S. Y. Song, P. Dario, and M. Sitti, “Fusion of Biomedical Microcapsule Endoscope and Microsystem Technology,” The 13th Int. Conf. on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, Transducers'05, pp. 9-14, Jun., 2005.
-  N. A. Patronik, C. N. Riviere, S. El. Qarra, and M. A. Zenati, “The HeartLander: A Novel Epicardial Crawling Robot for Myocardial Injections,” Int. Congress Series, 1281, pp. 735-739, 2005.
-  O. C. Jeong and S. Konishi, “Fabrication and Drive Test of Pneumatic PDMS Micro Pump,” Sensors and Actuator A, Vol.135, No.2, pp. 849-856, Apr., 2007.
-  M. Nokata, S. Kitamura, T. Nakagi, T. Inubushi, and S. Morikawa, “Magnetic Drive of a Medical Micro Robot in Abdominal Cavity,” The Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery Conf. 2006, pp. 147-148, Oct., 2006.
-  T. Horie and S. Konishi, “Medical Micro Crawling Robot by Controllable Sucking Mechanism,” JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics 2006, 1P1-C14, Jun., 2006.
-  K. Autumn, Y. A. Liang, S. T. Hsieh, W. Zesch, W. P. Chan, T. W. Kenny, R. Fearing, and R. J. Full, “Adhesive Force of a Single Gecko Foot-Hair,” Nature, Vol.405, pp. 681-685, Jun., 2000.
-  T. Horie, S. Sawano, and S. Konishi, “Micro Switchable Sucker for Fixable and Mobile Mechanism of Medical MEMS,” IEEE of MEMS Conf., pp. 691-694, Jan, 2007.
-  O. C. Jeong and S. Konishi, “All PDMS Pneumatic Microfinger with Bidirectional Motion and Its Application,” Journal of Micro Electromechanical Systems, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 896-903, Aug., 2006.
-  S. Konishi, “Small, Soft and Safe Actuator by Using MEMS-Based Pneumatic Balloon Actuator,” Asia-Pacific Conf. of Transducers and Micro-Nano Technology-APCOT 2006, Jun., 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.