Emergent Approach to Circle Formation by Multiple Autonomous Modular Robots
Takehiro Miyamae*, Sumiaki Ichikawa*, and Fumio Hara**
*Department of Mechanics and Systems Design, Faculty of Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, Suwa, 5000-1 Toyohira, Chino, Nagano 391-0292, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, 1-14-6 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0073, Japan
-  C. W. Reynolds, “Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model,” Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH'87 Conf. Proc.), Vol.21, No.4, pp. 25-34, 1987.
-  N. Sannomiya and M. A. Dousrari, “A Simulation Study on Autonomous Decentralized Mechanism in Fish Behavior Model,” Int. Journal of Systems Science, Vol.27, pp. 1001-1007, 1996.
-  K. Sugihara and I. Suzuki, “Distributed Algorithms for Formation of Geometric Patterns with Many Mobile Robots,” Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 127-139, 1996.
-  I. Suzuki and M. Yamashita, “Distributed Anonymous Mobile Robots: Formation of Geometric Patterns,” SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 1347-1363, 1999.
-  K. Makino and Y. Matsuo, “Collective Behavior Control of Autonomous Mobile Robot Herds by Applying Simple Virtual Forces to Individual Robots,” Journal of the RSJ, Vol.22, No.8, pp. 1031-1042, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Shimizu, M. Takahashi, T. Kawakatsu, and A. Ishiguro, “Real-time Morphology Control of a Modular Robot by Exploiting the Interplay between Control and Mechanical Systems,” Journal of the RSJ, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 78-84, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Miyamae, S. Ichikawa, and F. Hara, “Stability Analysis of Circle Formation Generated by Multi-Robots with Local Vision,” Trans. JSME C, Vol.69, No.677, pp. 156-163, 2003 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.