Evaluation of Driver’s Temporary Arousal Level by Changes of Nasal Skin Temperature – Effect of Basic Arousal Level –
Hirotoshi Asano*, Tota Mizuno**, and Hideto Ide*
*Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Aoyamagakauin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Central 6, 1-1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
The report evaluates the influence that the pitch of the basic arousal level gives awakening degree evaluation of the driver by the facial thermal image. We compared both of data, after conducting two experiments from which a fundamental awakening level differs. Consequently, we were able to evaluate the difference in a basic arousal level by the index of facial thermal image.
-  H. Oyama and T. Arakawa, “Development of Warning System that Estimates Driver’s Arousal Level Based on Unsteady Driving Phenomenon and Evaluation of Driver’s Condition Based on EEG,” Trans. of Soc. of Automotive Eng. of Jan., Vol.58, No.12, pp. 89-94, Dec. 2004 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Road Bureau ITS promotion room, “Total Design about The Intelligent Transport System (ITS) Promotion,”
-  Institute for Human Science and Biomedical Engineering, “Human Measurement Handbook,” Asakura Publishing Co. Ltd.
-  R. Sakamoto, A. Nozawa, H. Tanaka, T. Mizuno, and H. Ide, “Awakening Degree Evaluation of The Driver by The Non-contact Measurement,” FIT Forum (2006) (in Japanese).
-  R. Sakamoto, A. Nozawa, H. Tanaka, T. Mizuno, and H. Ide, “Evaluation of the Driver’s Temporary Arousal Level by Facial Skin Thermogram –Effect of Surrounding Temperature and Wind on the Thermogram–,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.126, No.7, pp. 804-809, Jul. 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nagumo, H. Zenju, A. Nozawa, H. Ide, and H. Tanaka, “Evaluation of Temporary Arousal Level using Thermogram Images,” 19th Sensing Forum, Vol.2, pp. 95-98, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. Moore-Ede, “The Twenty-four-hour Society,” Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.