Development of an Operation Skill-Training Simulator for Double-Front Construction Machinery – Training Effect for a House Demolition Work –
Mitsuhiro Kamezaki*, Hiroyasu Iwata**, and Shigeki Sugano*
*Department of Modern Mechanical Engineering, School of Creative Science and Engineering, Waseda University
**Waseda Institute for Advanced Study, Waseda University, 17 Kikui-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0044, Japan
-  A. Ishii and K. Tomita, “Total design of a double fronts work machine,” Proc. of the 2006 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, paper no.2A1-B07, May, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  A. Ishii, “Operation system of a double-front work machine for simultaneous operation,” 23rd Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp. 539-542, Oct. 2006.
-  C. Basdogan, M. Sedef, M. Harders, and S. Wesarg, “VR-based simulators for training in minimally invasive surgery,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 54-66, Mar., 2007.
-  R. Moreau, M. T. Pham, T. Redarce, and O. Dupuis, “A new learning method for obstetric gestures using the BirthSIM simulator,” 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2279-2284, April, 2007.
-  “Lap Mentor,” Simbionix Ltd.,
-  H. Nakashima, et al., “VR simulator LapSim reflects clinical experience of endoscopic surgery in Japanese surgeons,” Int. Jour. of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 1(1): 510, June, 2006.
-  H. Regenbrecht, G. Baratoff, and W. Wilke, “Augmented reality projects in the automotive and aerospace industries,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 48-56, Nov., 2005.
-  O. Bourquardez and C. Francois, “Visual servoing of an airplane for alignment with respect to a runway,” 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1330-1335, Apr., 2007.
-  “Microsoft Flight Simulator X,” Microsoft Corporation
-  K. Ikuta, K. Iritani, and J. Fukuyama, “Portable virtual endoscope system with force and visual display for insertion training,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.1935, pp. 907-920, 2000.
-  R.W. Lindeman, “Virtual reality: a view from overseas making VR more usable: The State of Effectiveness in Virtual Reality,” The VR Soc of Japan, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 24-27, Mar., 2006.
-  A. Sutcliffe, B. Gault and J. E. Shin, “Presence, memory and interaction in virtual environments,” Int. Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.62, No.3, pp. 307-327, Mar., 2005.
-  S. Frimpong and Y. Hu, “Dynamic hydraulic shovel simulator for improved machine performance,” CIM Bull, No.Technical Papers Sep.2004 to Jan.2006, pp. 155-159, 2006.
-  H. Araya, E. Nishimura, S. Murakami, N. Sugano, and T. Arai., “Development of simulator for operating construction machinery,” Human Interface Symposium, Vol.2002, pp. 351-352, Sep. 2002 (in Japanese)
-  K. Fukaya and T. Nakamura., “Development of a small sized simulator to simulate hazards in excavator accidents,” Specific Research Reports of the National Ins of Ind Safety, No.32, pp. 31-40, Oct. 2005 (in Japanese)
-  L. R. Smith, “Open Dynamics Engine,”
-  M. Kamezaki, H. Iwata and S. Sugano, “Development of an operation skill-training simulation for double-front construction machinery,” Proc of the 2007 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, paper no.1P1-M10, May, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.