Constant-Value Control of Joystick Operating Force Using Acoustic System Having Feedback Control System
Taichi Sato*, Yuta Murayama**, and Hiroshi Igarashi***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, 2-2 Kanda-Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8457, Japan
**Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Intelligent Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, Ishizaka, Hatoyama-cho, Hiki-gun, Saitama 355-0394, Japan
***Department of Electronical and Electronic Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, 2-2 Kanda-Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8457, Japan
We have conducted experiments of operating a force operating joystick to the sound. Test subjects listen to white noise with square envelope in a semi anechoic room and joystick operating force is measured. We have seen that time waveform of operating force varies among experiments. Variation in operating force depends on day, test subject, etc. And, we have established an acoustic control system that feedbacks operating force for realizing target value of joystick operating force. We conducted a constant-value control experiment using PI control in which each control parameters’ effects are studied. As a result, among three existing control parameter tuning methods, Cohen-Coon’s control parameter tuning method is the most appropriate for our system.
-  K. Furuta, “Control of Pendulum: From Super Mechano-System to Human Adaptive Mechatronics,” Proc. of the 42nd IEEE Conf. on Deciosion and Control, plenary talk, pp. 1498-1507, 2003.
-  Y. Horiguchi, T. Sawaragi, and G. Akashi, “Naturalistic Human-Robot Collaboration Based upon Mixed-Initiative Interactions in Teleoperating Environment,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 876-881, 2000.
-  N. Shiroma, G. Kagotani, and M. Sugimoto, “A Novel Teleoperation Method for a Mobile Robot Using Real Image Data Records,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 233-238, 2004.
-  M. Wang and J. N. K. Liu, “A Novel Teleoperation Paradigm for Human-Robot Interaction,” IEEE Conf. on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 13-18, 2004.
-  O. Suenaga, “A Basic Analysis on Skill Learning Characteristics by Displaying Visual Aid Information in Manual Control System,” The Jpn. Jour. of Ergonomics, Vol.40, No.5, pp. 272-275, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yoshikawa and R. Kikuue, “Haptic Display Device with Fingertip Pressing Function for Motion/Force Teaching to Human,” Proc. of The Virtual Reality Society of Jpn., pp. 11-14, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Muramatsu and M. Ohka, “Virtual Reality for Tactile Sensation,” Prepr. of Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., No.99-13, pp. 96-99, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Miyata and M. Kamata, “Machine Operation Assistance by Using Predictive Information,” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., Vol.72, No.713, pp. 132-138, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sato, K. Oyama, M. Iimura, H. Kobayashi, and K. Tanaka, “Control of Human Generating Force by Use of Acoustic Information – Utilization of Onomatopoeic Utterance,” JSME Int. J., Series C, Vol.49, No.3, pp. 687-694, 2006.
-  J. G. Ziegler and N. B. Nichols, “Optimum Settings for Automatic Controllers,” Trans. ASME, Vol.64, pp. 759-768, 1942.
-  K. L. Chien, J. A. Hrones, and J. B. Reswick, “On the Automatic Control of Generalized Passive Systems,” Trans. ASME, Vol.74, pp. 175-185, 1952.
-  G. H. Cohen and G. A. Coon, “Theoretical Consideration of Retarded Control,” Trans. ASME, Vol.75, pp. 827-834, 1953.
-  M. Araki, “History of Parameter-Tuning Methods for PID Control,” Trans. of Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, Vol.50, No.12, pp. 441-446, 2006 (in Japanese).
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.