Analysis and Systematic Classification of Human Hand Movement for Robot Hand Design
Takeshi Ninomiya* and Takashi Maeno**
*Keio University, Graduate School of Science and Technology, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
**Keio University, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering
-  Y. Matsuoka, “The Mechanism in a Humanoid Robot Hand,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 199-209, 1997.
-  http://www.honda.co.jp/ASIMO/
-  C. S. Lovchic and M. A. Diftler, “A Dexterous Robot Hand for Space,” Proc. of the 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 907-912, 1999.
-  http://www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
-  I. Yamano and T. Maeno, “Five-fingered Robot Hand using Ultrasonic Motors and Elastic Elements,” Robotics and Automation, 2005. ICRA 2005. Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on, pp. 2673-2678, 2005.
-  S. C. Jacobsen, E. K. Iversen, D. F. Knutti, R. T. Johnson, and K. B. Biggers, “Design of the Utah/MIT Dexterous Hand,” Proc. of the 1986 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1520-1532, 1986.
-  J. Butterfass, M. Fischer, M. Grebenstein, S. Haidacher, and G. Hirzinger, “Design and experiences with DLR hand II,” World Automation Congress, Vol.15, pp. 105-110, 2004.
-  H. Kawasaki, T. Komatsu, and K. Uchiyama, “Dexterous anthropomorphic robot hand with distributed tactile sensor: Gifu hand II,” Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME Transactions on, Vol.7, pp. 296-303, 2002.
-  T. Morita, H. Iwata, and S. Sugano, “Human symbiotic robot design based on division and unification of functional requirements,” Robotics and Automation, 2000. Proc. ICRA ’00. IEEE Int. Conf. on, Vol.3, pp. 2229-2234, 2000.
-  K. J. Kyriakopoulos, J. V. Riper, A. Zink, and H. E. Stephanou, “Kinematics Analysis and Position/Force Control of the Anthrobot Dexterous Hand,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 95-103, 1997.
-  K. Hoshino and I. Kawabuchi, “Dexterous robot hand with pinching function at fingertips,” Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, 2006. BioRob 2006. The First IEEE/RAS-EMBS Int. Conf. on, pp. 1113-1118, 2006.
-  K. Hirai, M. Hirose, Y. Haikawa, and T. Takenaka, “The development of Honda humanoid robot,” Robotics and Automation, 1998. Proc.1998 IEEE Int. Conf. on, Vol.2, pp. 1321-1326, 1998.
-  L.-R. Lin and H.-P. Huang, “Mechanism Design of A New Multifingered Robot Hand,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1471-1476, 1996.
-  D. Shiokata, A. Namiki, and M.Iwata, “Robot dribbling using a high-speed multifingered hand and a high-speed vision system,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on, pp. 2097-2102, 2005.
-  I. Napier, “The prehensile movements of the human hand,” J. of Bone and Joint surgery, Vol.38B, No.4, pp. 902-913, 1956.
-  M. R. Cutkosky, “On Grasp Choice, Grasp Models, and the Design of Hands for Manufacturing,” IEEE Transactions of Robotics and Automation, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 269-279, 1989.
-  N. Kamakura, “Te no katachi, te no ugoki,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc. 1989.
-  T. Yamashita and M. Mori, “Engineering Approaches to Function of Fingers,” Report of Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo. Vol.13, No.3, pp. 1-51, 1963.
-  T. Iberall, “The nature of human prehension: Three dexterous in one,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.16, pp. 258-299, 1987.
-  S. B. Kang and K. Ikeuchi, “Toward Automatic Robot Instruction from Perception Recognizing a Grasp from Observation,” IEEE Transactions of Robotics and Automation, Vol.9, No.4, 1993.
-  http://www.cybertouch.com/
-  M. Bouzid, G. Popescu, G. Burda, and R.Boian, “The Rutgers Master II-ND Force-Feedback Glove,” Preprint of paper to appear in Proc. of IEEE VR 2002 Haptics Symposium, pp. 68-73, 2002.
-  I. A. Kapandji, “The Physiology of the Joints: The Upper Limb (PAP),” Churchill Livingstone Publishers, Inc. 2006.
-  M. Kondo, J. Ueda, Y. Matsumoto, and T. Ogasawara, “Manipulative Familiarization and Fatigue Evaluation Using Contact State Transition,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3767-3772, 2006.
-  N. Funakubo, “Pattern ninshiki,” Kyouritsu Publishers, Inc. 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.