Hybrid Locomotion of Leg-Wheel ASTERISK H
Takenobu Yoshioka*, Tomohito Takubo*, Tatsuo Arai*,
and Kenji Inoue**
*Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3, Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
**Department of Bio-System Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Yamagata University, 4-3-16 Jounan, Yonezawa, Yamagata 922-8510, Japan
Leg-wheel hybrid locomotion on rough terrain we propose for a hexapod robot is realized by continuous transition between wheeled and legged locomotion based on sensor feedback. In basic positioning on a flat surface, the robot is supported by three legs and moves using its wheels. Upon sensing an obstacle, the robot’s support and swing legs change to a tripod gait with an oval orbit to cross over the obstacle. The maximum obstacle height depends on the robot’s height and the positioning of the foreleg. We analyzed optimal positioning implemented in the hybrid robot ASTERISK H, as confirmed by experimental results.
and Kenji Inoue, “Hybrid Locomotion of Leg-Wheel ASTERISK H,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.20, No.3, pp. 403-412, 2008.
-  Y. Jianjun and H. Shigeo, “Zero Carrier: A Novel Eight Leg-Wheels Hybrid Stair Climbing Mobile Vehicle,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.1 pp. 44-51, 2005.
-  M. Miyagi, T. Uchida, T. Komeda, H. Koyama, and H. Funakubo, “Development of Stair Climbing Wheelchair with Leg & Wheel System (2nd Report) —Automaic Stair Climbing Tests Using Stair Measurement System by Image Processor— ,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.64, No.6, pp. 840-844, 1998.
-  C. Grand, F. BenAmar, F. Plumet, and Ph. Bidaud, “Decoupled control of posture and trajectory of the hybrid wheel-legged robot Hylos,” Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 5111-5116, 2004.
-  S. Nakajima, E. Nakano, and T. Takahashi, “Motion Control Technique for Practical Use of a Leg-Wheel Robot on Unknown Outdoor Rough,” Proc. of 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1353-1358, 2006.
-  K. Hashimoto, Y. Sugahara, T. Hosobata, Y. Mikuriya, H. Sunazuka, M. Kawase, H.-O. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Sliding Motion of Biped Walking Robots Mounted on PassiveWheels —1st Report: Realization of Swizzle Motion by Inline Skates— ,” Proc. of the 2007 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, Akita, Japan, May 10-12, 2007. (in Japanese).
-  H. Shigeo and T. Hiroki, “Study on Roller-Walk (Basic Characteristics and its Control),” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3265-3270, 1996.
-  H. Adachi, N. Koyachi, T. Arai, A. Shimizu, and Y. Nogami, “Mechanism and Control of a Leg-Wheel Hybrid Mobile Robot,” Proc. of IROS, pp. 1792-1797, 1999.
-  M. Takahashi, K. Yoneda, and S. Hirose, “Rough Terrain Locomotion of a Leg-Wheel Hybrid Quadruped Robot,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2006.
-  T. Takubo, T. Arai, K. Inoue, H. Ochi, T. Konishi, T. Tsurutani, Y. Hayashibara, and E. Koyanagi, “Integrated LimbMechanism Robot ASTERISK,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatoronics, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 203-214, 2006.
-  S. Hirose, H. Tsukagoshi, and K. Yoneda, “Normalized energy stability margin and its contour of walking vehicles on rough terrain,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2001.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.