Development of Micro Forceps and Implementation for Medical Apparatus
Yusuke Hashimoto*, Makoto Nokata*, Hiroshi Kitou**,
Yoshimitsu Kankawa**, and Kei Ameyama*
*Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-Higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
Laparoscopic forceps and catheters enabling minimally invasive surgery (MIS) require microscopic tools. The microforceps we designed using a minimum number of parts use metal injection molding (MIM) to realize strong mass production. Microforceps installed in the tip of a catheter. Stress analysis verified its capability to grasp, bend and turn within the confines of a blood vessels model.
-  K. Ikuta, K. Sasaki, and T. Shimada, “Study on Minimal Invasive Remote Microsurgery System (1’st report) Development of MultilinkMicroManipulator andMaster Slave Controller,” In pros. Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery (JSCAS 2000), pp. 65-66 (in Japanese).
-  N. Miyata, K. Harada, K. Masamune, I. Sakuma, N. Yahagi, T. Dohi, H. Iseki, T. Hori, and K. Takakura, “Development of a micro forceps manipulator for minimally invasive neurosurgery,” In pros. JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.2001 (20010608), p. 44 (in Japanese).
-  K. Ikuta, K. Sasaki, K. Yamamoto, and T. Shimada, “Remote Microsurgery System for Deep and Narrow Space — Development of New Surgical Procedure and Micro-robotic Tool,” In Medical Image Computing and computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI2002), LNCS2488, pp. 163-172, 2002.
-  N. Suzuki, K. Sumiyama, A. Hattori, K. Ikeda, E. A. Murakami, S. Suzuki, M. Hayashibe, Y. Otake, and H. Tajiri, “Development of an endoscopic robotic system with two hands for various gastric tube surgeries,” MMVR, pp. 349-353, 2002.
-  N. Suzuki, A. Hattori, M. Hayashibe, Y. Otake, S. Suzuki, E. A. Y. Murakami, K. Sumiyama, K. Ikeda, and H. Tajiri, “Development of an endoscopic robot with two arms and its application for mucosal resection of the stomach wall,” In Proc. Journal of Computer Aided Surgery, Vol.4, No.3-2, pp. 117-118, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nokata, H. Furuoya, and Y. Kurumi, “Development of Laparoscopic Surgical Forceps with high rigid bending joint,” In Proc. JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conference 2007, 2A1-H12(1-4), 2007 (in Japanese).
-  S. Konishi, M. Nokata, O. C. Jeong, S. Kusuda, T. Sakakibara, M. Kuwayama, and H. Tsutsumi, “Pneumatic Micro hand and miniaturized parallel link robot for Micro Manipulation Robot System,” In Proc. 2006 IEEE Robotics and Automation Conference (ICRA 2006), pp. 1036-1041, 2006.
-  N. Yasui, H. Satomi, H. Fujiwara, K. Ameyama, and Y. Kankawa, “The Influence of Powder Size on Mechanical Properties of Small MIM Parts,” Proc. of 2006 Powder Metallurgy World Congress, Korean Powder Metallurgy Institute, pp. 39-40, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.