Robot Manipulation and Guidance Using Magnetic Motion Capture Sensor and a Rule-Based Controller
Carlos R. Tercero Villagran*1,*2, Seiichi Ikeda*1,
Toshio Fukuda*1, Kosuke Sekiyama*1, Yuta Okada*1,
Tomomi Uchiyama*3,Makoto Negoro*4, and Ikuo Takahashi*5
*1Micro-Nano Systems Engineering Department, Nagoya University, 1 Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
*2Electronics Engineering Department, Del Valle de Guatemala University
*3Complex System Science Department, Nagoya University, 1 Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
*4Department of Neurosurgery, Fujita Health University, 1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, Japan
*5Department of Neurosurgery, Anjo Kosei Hospital, 28 Higashi Hirokute, Anjo-cho, Anjo, Aichi 446-8602, Japan
-  G. A. Krombach, A. Mahnken, J. Tacke, G. Staatz, S. Haller, C. C. A. Nolte-Ernsting, J. Meyer, P. Haage, and R. W. Günther “US-guided nephrostomy with the aid of a magnetic field-based navigation device in the porcine pelvicaliceal system,” J. Vascular Interventional Radiology, Vol.12, pp. 623-628, 2001.
-  A. Chung, P. Edwards, F. Deligianni, and G. Yang, “Freehand Cocalibration of Optical and Electromagnetic Trackers for Navigated Bronchoscopy,” The Second Int.Workshop on Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality (MIAR 2004), Beijing, China, 2004.
-  K. Nakada, M. Nakamoto, Y. Sato, K. Konishi, M. Hashizume, and S. Tamura, “A rapid method for magnetic tracker calibration using a magneto-optic hybrid tracker,” MICCAI 2003, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (2879), Springer-Verlag, pp. 285-293, 2003.
-  M. Livingstone and A. State, “Magnetic tracker for improved augmented reality registration,” PESCENCE: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 532-546, 1997.
-  M. Ikits, J. Brederson, C. Hansen, and J. Hollerbach, “An improved calibration framework for electromagnetic tracking devices,” Proc. of the IEEE Virtual Reality, pp. 63-70, 2000.
-  V. Kindratenko and W. Sherman, “Neural Network Based calibration of electromagnetic tracking systems,” Virtual Reality, Vol.9, pp. 78-78, 2006.
-  V. Kindratenko and A. Bennett, “A survey of electromagnetic position tracker calibration techniques,” Virtual Environments 2000, Proc. of the Eurographics Workshop, Springer Computer Science Series, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol.5, No3, pp. 169-182, 2000.
-  S. Ikeda, F. Arai, T. Fukuda, M. Negoro, and K. Irie, “An in vitro patient-specific biological model of the cerebral artery reproduced with a membranous configuration for simulating endovascular intervention,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 327-33, 2005.
-  P. Turski, M. Steighorst, C. Strother, A. Crummy, R. Leiberman, and C. Mistretta, “Digital Subtraction Angiography “Road Map”,” Technical Notes, AJR139, pp. 1233-1234, 1982.
-  F. Arai, R. Fujimura, T. Fukuda, and M. Negoro, “New catheter driving method using linear stepping mechanism for intravascular neurosurgery,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, pp. 2944-2949, Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
-  C. Tercero et al., “Autonomous Catheter Insertion System using Magnetic Motion Capture Sensor for endovascular surgery,” Int. Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, Vol.3, pp. 52-58, 2007.
-  M. Tanimoto, F. Arai, T. Fukuda, H. Iwata, K. Itoigawa, Y. Gotoh, M. Hashimoto, and M. Negoro, “Study on Micro Force Sensor for Minimum Invasive Surgery,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.64 No.620-C, pp. 150-155.
-  S. Ikeda, F. Arai, F. Fukuda, M. Negoro, K. Irie, and N. Takahashi, “An In-Vitro Patient-Tailored Model of Human Cerebral Artery for Simulating Endovascular Surgery Intervention,” MICCAI 2005, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (3749), Springer-Verlag, pp. 925-932, 2005.
-  C. Tercero, T. Uchiyama, T. Fukuda, S. Ikeda, and Y. Ono, “Realtime vessel 3D modeling for navigation in laparoscopic surgery,” Proc. of the 14th Congress of the Japanese Society of Computer Assisted Surgery, pp. 75-76, Chiba, Japan, Nov. 19-21, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.