An Eye-To-Hand Panoramic Vision System for 3D Positioning of a Robotic Arm
Chaiyapol Kulpate*, Mehran Mehrandezh**, and Raman Paranjape*
*Electronic Systems Engineering, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
**Industrial Systems Engineering, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
-  S. Hutchinson, G. D. Hager, and P. I. Corke, “A tutorial on visual servo control,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 651-670, October 1996.
-  K. Hashimoto, “Visual servoing: Real time control of robot manipulators based on visual sensory feedback,” World Scientific Series in Robotics and Automated Systems, Vol.7, World Scientific Press, Singapore, 1993.
-  E. Malis, F. Chaumette, and S. Boudet, “2-1/2-D Visual Servoing,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 238-250, April 1999.
-  Y. Shen, Y. H. Liu, and N. Xi, “Adaptive motion control of manipulators with uncalibrated visual feedback,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.1, pp. 317-322, Lausanne, Switzerland, September 2002.
-  J. Stavnitzky and D. Capson, “Multiple Camera Model-Based 3-D Visual Servoing,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 732-739, December 2000.
-  R. Kelly, “Robust asymptotically stable visual servoing of planar robots,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 759-766, October 1996.
-  G. D. Hager, “A modular system for robust positioning using feedback from stereo vision,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 582-595, August 1997.
-  F. Reyes and R. Kellyl, “Experimental evaluation of fixed-camera direct visual controllers on a direct-drive robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Leuven, Belgium, May 1998.
-  R. Kelly, R. Carelli, O. Nasisi, B. Kuchen, and F. Reyes, “Stable Visual Servoing of Camera-in-hand Robotic Systems,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 39-48, March 2000.
-  R. Horaud, F. Dornaika, and B. Espiau, “Visually guided object grasping,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 525-532, August 1998.
-  J. Qian and J. Su, “Online estimation of image jacobian matrix by kalman-bucy filter for uncalibrated stereo vision feedback,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Washington, D.C., May 2002.
-  H. Lipkin, “Uncalibrated eye-in-hand visual servoing,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.22, No.10-11, pp. 805-819, October-November 2003.
-  G. Flandin, F. Chaumette, and E. Marchand, “Eye-in-hand/eyeto-hand cooperation for visual servoing,” In Proc. 2000 IEEE Int, Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, pp. 2741-2746, April 2000.
-  S. W. Wijesoma, D. F. H. Wolfe, and R. J. Richards, “Eye-to-hand coordination for vision-guided robot control applications,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 65-78, February 1993.
-  M. Mikawa, K. Yoshida, M. Kubota, and T. Morimitsu, “Visual servoing for micro mass axis alignment device,” In Proc. 1996 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 1091-1096, 1996.
-  H. H. Abdelkader, Y. Mezoura, N. Andreff, and P. Martinet, “2 1/2 visual servoing with central catadioptric cameras,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. On Intelligent Robots and Systems, (IROS), pp. 3572-3577, Edmonton, AB, Canada, August 2005.
-  C. Kulpate, M. Mehrandezh, and R. Paranjape, “An Eye-to-hand Visual Servoing Structure for 3D Positioning of a Robotic Arm Using One Camera and a Flat Mirror,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Robotic System (IROS), pp. 2476-2482, Edmonton, AB, 2005.
-  C. K. Chui and G. Chen, “Kalman Filtering with Real-time Applications,” Berlin Heidellberg, NY: Springer-Verlag, 1991.
-  S. J. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, “New extension of the Kalman Filter to nonlinear systems,” Proc. of the SPIE –The Int. Society for Optical Engineering, Vol.3068, pp.182-193, 1997.
-  E. A. Wan and R. van der Merwe, “The unscented Kalman Filter for nonlinear estimation,” Proc. of the IEEE Adaptive Systems for Signal Processing, Communications, and Control Symposium, pp. 153-158, 2000.
-  http://www.rhinorobotics.com ,
last accessed in August 2006.
-  http://www.jrkerr.com ,
last accessed in August 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.