Versatile Robotic Biomanipulation with Haptic Interface
Gilgueng Hwang, Preeda Chantanakajornfung,
and Hideki Hashimoto
Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, Japan
-  Y. Sun and B. J. Nelson, “Autonomous Injection of Biological Cells Using Visual Servoing,” Experimental Robotics VII, D. Rus and S. Singh (Eds.), Springer-Verlag London Ltd., pp. 169-178, 2001.
-  G. G. Hwang, P. Szemes, N. Ando, and H. Hashimoto, “Development of a single-master multi-slave tele-micromanipulation system,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, No.3-4, pp. 329-349, February 2007.
-  M. Sitti, “Atomic Force Microscope Probe Based Controlled Pushing for Nanotribological Characterization,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.2, June 2004.
-  D. G. Grier, “A revolution in optical manipulation,” Nature, Vol.424, Aug 2003.
-  W. B. Griffin, W. R. Provancher, and M. R. Cutkosky, “Feedback Strategy for Shared Control in Dexterous Telemanipulation,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2791-2796, 2003.
-  S. Wong, J. Harper, P. Lansbury, and C. Liebor, “Carbon Nanotube Tips: High-Resolution Probes for Imaging Biological Systems,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 120(4), pp. 603-604, 1998.
-  C. Mueller-Falcke, S. D. Gouda, S. Kim, and S.-G. Kim, “A nanoscanning platform for bio-ngineering: an in-plane probe with switchable stiffness,” Nanotechnology, Vol.17, No.4, pp. S69-S76, doi:10.1088/0957-4484/17/4/011, 2006.
-  D. J. Lee and M. W. Spong, “Bilateral teleoperation of multiple cooperative robots over delayed communication networks: theory,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2005.
-  B. J. Nelson, L. X. Dong, A. Subramanian, and D. J. Bell, “Hybrid Nanorobotic Approaches to NEMS,” Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics: Robotics Researc, Series Ed. B. Siciliano, O. Khatib, and F. Groen (Eds.), Springer-Verlag London Ltd., 2006.
-  F. Beyeler, D. J. Bell, B. J. Nelson, Y. Sun, A. Neild, S. Oberti, and J. Dual, “Design of a Micro-Gripper and an Ultrasonic Manipulator for Handling Micro Sized Objects,” Proc. Of IEEE Intelligent Robot and Systems(IROS’2006), China, 2006.
-  D. Kim, Y. Sun, S. Yun, C. N. Hwang, S. Lee, B. Kim, and B. J. Nelson, “Mechanical Analysis of Chorion Softening in Pre-Hatching Stages of Zebrafish Embryos,” IEEE Transaction on Nanobioscience, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 89-94, June 2006.
-  http://www.nanotechnik.com/products.html
-  J. C. Phillips, R. Braun, W. Wang, J. Gumbart, E. Tajkhorshid, E. Villa, C. Chipot, R. D. Skeel, L. Kale, and K. Schulten, “Scalable molecular dynamics with NAMD,” Journal of Computational Chemistry, 26, pp. 1781-1802, 2005.
-  B. R. Brooks, R. E. Bruccoleri, B. D. Olafson, D. J. States, S. Swaminathan, and M. Karplus, “CHARMM: A program for macromolecular energy, minimization, and dynamics calculations,” J. Comp. Chem., 4, pp. 187-217, 1983.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.