Fabrication of FIB-CVD Nanotemperature Sensor Probe for Local Temperature Sensing in Water Environments
Haitham ElShimy*, Masahiro Nakajima*, Yoshiaki Imaizumi*,
Fumihito Arai**, and Toshio Fukuda*
*Department of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464-8603, Japan
**Department of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University, Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  R. Kometani, T. Hoshino, K. Kanda, Y. Haruyama, T. Kaito, J. Fujita, M. Ishida, Y. Ochiai, and S. Matsui, Nuclear Instr. & Methods in Phy. Research, B 232, pp. 362-366, 2005.
-  F. Arai, C. Ng, and T. Fukuda, “Ultra-Small Site Temperature Sensing by Carbon Nanotube Thermal Probes,” IEEE-Nano 2004.
-  H. M. ElShimy, F. Arai, and T. Fukuda, “Three-Dimensional Nano Temperature Sensors Fabricatied using FIB-CVD,” IEEE-Nano 2006.
-  R. Kometani, T. Morita, K. Watanabe, T. Hoshino, K. Kondo, T. Kaito, J. Fujita, M. Ishida, Y. Ochiai, and S. Matsui, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B 22, p. 257, 2004.
-  R. Kometani, T. Hoshino, K. Kondo, K. Kanda, Y. Haruyama, T. Kaito, J. Fujita, M. Ishida, Y. Ochiai, and S. Matsui, J. Appl. Phys., 43 (10), p. 7187, 2004.
-  R. Kometani, T. Morita, K. Watanabe, K. Kanda, Y. Haruyama, T. Kaito, J. Fujita, M. Ishida, Y. Ochiai, and S. Matsui, J. Appl. Phys., 42 (Pt.1, No.6B), p. 4107, 2003.
-  V. T. S. Wong and W. J. Li, “Bulk carbon nanotubes sensing element for temperature and anemometry micro sensing,” Proc. Int. Conf. on IEEE MEMS, pp. 41-44, 2003.
-  Y. Gao and Y. Bando, “Carbon nanothermometer containing gallium,” Nature, Vol.415, p. 599, February, 2002.
-  T. W. Ebbesen, H. J. Lezec, H. Hiura, H. F. Ghaemi, and T. Thio, “Electrical conductivity of individual carbon nanotubes,” Nature, Vol.382, pp. 54-56, July, 1996.
-  M. Suzuki, V. Tseeb, K. Oyama, and S. Ishiwata, “Microscopic Detection of Thermogenesis in a Single HeLa Cell,” Biophysical Lett., 92 (6), pp. L46-L48.
-  Y. C. Lin, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “On-chip Temperature Sensing and Control for Cell Immobilization,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Nano/Micro Eng. and Molecular Sys., pp. 659-663, 2007.
-  S. Reyntjens and R. Puers, “A review of focused ion beam applications in microsystem technology,” J. Micromech. Microeng., 11, pp. 287-300, 2001.
-  T. Morita, K. Nakamatsu, K. Kanda, and Y. Haruyama, “Nanomechanical switch fabrication by focused-ion-beam chemical vapor deposition,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B 22(6), p. 3137, 2004.
-  K. Edingera, T. Gotszalk, and I. W. Rangelow, “Novel high resolution scanning thermal probe,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B 19(6), p. 2856, 2001.
-  J. Fujita, M. Ishida, T. Ichihashi, Y. Ochiai, T. Kaito, and S. Matsui, “Growth of three-dimensional nano-structures using FIB-CVD and its mechanical properties,” Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Phy. Res. (B), Vol.206, pp. 472-477.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. Igaki, M. Nagase, T. Ichihashi, and S. Matsui, “Mechanical characteristics of tungsten-containing carbon nanosprings grown by FIB-CVD,” Microelectronic Eng., Vol.83, 4-9, pp. 808-810.
-  S. Matsui, “Focused-ion-beam deposition for 3-D nanostructure fabrication,” Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Phy. Res. (B), Vol.257, Issues 1-2, pp. 758-764.
-  R. Kometani, R. Funabiki, T. Hoshino, K. Kanda, Y. Haruyama, T. Kaito, J. Fujita, Y. Ochiai, and S. Matsui, “Cell wall cutting tool and nano-net fabrication by FIB-CVD for subcellular operations and analysis,” Microelectronic Eng., Vol.83, Issues 4-9, pp. 1642-1645.
-  A. M. Donald, and C. Laboratory, “The use of environmental scanning electron microscopy for imaging wet and insulating materials,” Nature Materials, Vol.2, pp. 511-516, 2003.
-  S. S. Saliterman, “BioMEMS and Medical Microdevices,” SPIE/WILEY, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.