Modeling and Feedforward Flow Rate Control of Automatic Pouring System with Real Ladle
Yoshiyuki Noda and Kazuhiko Terashima
Department of Production Systems Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
-  K. Terashima, “Recent Automatic Pouring and Transfer Systems in Foundries,” Materials Process Technology, Vol.39, No.6, pp. 1-8, 1998.
-  W. Lindsay, “Automatic Pouring and Metal Distribution Systems,” Foundry Trade Journal, February 10, pp. 151-176, 1983.
-  J. Thielk, “Using Electric Furnaces to Store and Pour Treated Ductile Iron Part 2,” Modan Casting/November, Vol.77, No.11, pp. 25-27, 1987.
-  E. Neumann and D. Trauzeddel, “Pouring Systems for Ferrous Applications,” Foundry Trade Journal, July, pp. 23-24, 2002.
-  T. Bex, “Melting & Pouring,” Modern Casting, August, pp. 26-34, 1992.
-  J. C. Miske, “A Look at Automatic Metal Pouring,” Foundry M & T, February, pp. 26-43, 1979.
-  J. Watanabe and K. Yoshida, “Automatic Pouring Equipment for Casting “Mel Pore System”,” Industrial Heating, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 19-27, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  S. Kurono, Y. Fujino, S. Aramaki, and T. Kurono, “Automatic Pouring System in a Small-Scale Foundry,” OHM, Vol.83, No.6, pp. 97-102, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  M. Matsuda and S. Koroyasu, “Approach for Increase in Flow Rate at Start of Pouring from Auto Pouring Equipment by 2-stage Up-Down Mechanism of Tilting-Center,” Journal of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, Vol.71, No.7, pp. 443-448, 1999.
-  M. Fujie, “Application of Microcomputer to Automatic Pouring,” Journal of the Japan General Foundry Center, Vol.22, No.10, pp. 7-11, 1981.
-  Y. Sugimoto, K. Yano, and K. Terashima, “Liquid Level Control of Automatic Pouring Robot by Two-Degrees-of-Freedom Control,” Proceedings of the 15th IFAC World Congress, 2002.
-  K. Shinohara and H. Morimoto, “Development of Automatic Pouring Equipment,” Journal of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.46, No.11, pp. 79-85, 1992.
-  K. Yano, Y. Sugimoto, Y. Noda, and K. Terashima, “Pouring Flow Rate Control of Cylindrical Ladle-Type Automatic Pouring Robot by Applying Betterment Process,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.70, No.694, pp. 1750-1757, 2004.
-  Y. Noda, K. Yano, and K. Terashima, “Pouring and Sloshing Suppression Control of Cylindrical Ladle in Self-Transfer-Type Automatic Pouring Robot with Complex Motion of Pouring and Transfer,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 94-103, 2006.
-  Y. Noda and K. Terashima, “Nonlinear Modeling with Hydrodynamics and Flow Control Using Inverse Pouring Dynamics of Tilting-Ladle-Type Automatic Pouring Process,” Proceedings of the 67th World Foundry Congress, pp. 207/1-10, 2006.
-  Y. Noda, K. Yano, and K. Terashima, “Control of Self-Transfer-Type Automatic Pouring Robot with Cylindrical Ladle,” Preprints of the 16th IFAC World Congress, 2005.
-  Y. Matsuo, Y. Noda, K. Terashima, K. Hashimoto, and Y. Suzuki, “Modeling and Identification of Pouring Flow Process with Tilting-Type Ladle for an Innovative Press Casting Method Using Green-Sand-Mold,” Proceedings of 67th World Foundry Congress, pp. 210/1-10, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.