Learning from Approximate Human Decisions by a Robot
Chandimal Jayawardena, Keigo Watanabe,
and Kiyotaka Izumi
Department of Advanced Systems Control Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saga University, 1-Honjomachi, Saga 840-8502, Japan
-  M. Mazo, F. J. Rodrìguez, J. L. Làzaro, J. Ureña, J. C. Garcìa, E. Santiso, and P. A. Revenga, “Electronic control of a wheelchair guided by voice commands,” Control Eng. Practice, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 665-674, 1995.
-  K. Komiya, K. Morita, K. Kagekawa, and K. Kurosu, “Guidance of a wheelchair by voice,” in Proc. of IECON 2000, pp. 102-107.
-  K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi, and K. Izumi, “Modular fuzzy neural controller driven by voice commands,” in Proc. of ICCAS 2001, 2001, pp. 194-197.
-  C. T. Lin and M. C. Kan, “Adaptive fuzzy command acquisition with reinforcement learning,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 102-121, Feb. 1998.
-  K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi, “A modular fuzzy-neuro controller driven by spoken language commands,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.34, No.1, pp. 293-302, 2004.
-  J. Feldman, G. Lakoff, D. Bailey, S. Narayanan, T. Regier, and A. Stolcke, “Lzero: The first five years,” Artific. Intell. Rev., Vol.10, pp. 103-129, 1996.
-  J. M. Lammens, “A computational model of color perception and color naming,” Ph.D. dissertation, State Univ. New York, New York, 1994.
-  T. Regier, “The Human Semantic Potential,” Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1996.
-  T. Regier and L. Carlson, “Grounding spatial language in perception: An empirical and computational investigation,” J. Experim. Psych., Vol.130, No.2, pp. 273-298, 2001.
-  D. Roy, “Learning words from sights and sounds: A computational model,” Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Inst. Techno., Cambridge, MA, 1999.
-  D. Roy, “Grounded spoken language acquisition: Experiments in word learning,” IEEE Trans. Multimedia, Vol.5, pp. 197-209, June 2003.
-  J. Siskind, “Naive physics, event perception, lexical semantics, and language acquisition,” Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Inst. Techno., Cambridge, MA, 1992.
-  D. Roy, “Grounding the lexical semantics of verbs in visual perception using force dynamics and event logic,” J. Artific. Intell. Res., Vol.15, pp. 31-90, 2001.
-  C. Yu, D. Ballard, and R. Aslin, “The role of embodied intention in early lexical acquisition,” in Proc. Cognitive Science Soc., Boston, MA, 2003.
-  D. Bailey, “When push comes to shove: A computational model of the role of motor control in the acquisition of action verbs,” Ph.D. dissertation, EECS Dept., Univ. California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1997.
-  K. Hsiao, N. Mavridis, and D. Roy, “Coupling perception and simulation: Steps toward conversational robotics,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, Las Vegas, NV, 2003.
-  S. Narayanan, “Karma: Knowledge-based active representations for metaphor and aspect,” Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1997.
-  D. Roy, K. Hsiao, and N. Mavridis, “Mental imagery for a conversational robot,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.34, No.3, pp. 1374-1383, 2004.
-  D. F. Specht, “Probabilistic neural networks,” Neural Networks, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 109-118, 1990.
-  C. Jayawardena, K. Watanabe, and K. Izumi, “Probabilistic neural network based learning from fuzzy voice commands for controlling a robot,” in Proc. of the Intl. Conf. on Control, Automation, and Systems, Bangkok, Thailand, Aug. 2004, pp. 2011-2016.
-  K. Pulasinghe, K.Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi, “Control of redundant manipulators by fuzzy linguistic commands,” in Proc. of the SICE Annual Conference 2003, Fukui, Japan, Aug. 2003, pp. 2819-2824.
-  B. J. Cain, “Improved probabilistic neural network and its performance relative to the other models,” Proceedings of SPIE, Applications of Artificial Neural Networks, Vol.1294, pp. 354-365, 1990.
-  A. Chatterjee, K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, and K. Izumi, “A particle-swarm-optimized fuzzy-neural network for voicecontrolled robot systems,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.52, No.6, pp. 1478-1489, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.