Visually Guided Microassembly with Active Zooming
Xiaodong Tao*, Hyungsuck Cho*, and Youngjun Cho**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373-1, Guseong-dong, Yuseong-dong, Daejeon, Korea
**Mechatronics Team, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH), Chungnam, Chunan-Si, Korea
-  S. J. Ralis, B. Vikaramadiya, and B. J. Nelson, “Micropositioning of a Weakly Calibrated Microassembly System Using Coarse-to-Fine Visual Servoing Strategies,” IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, Vol23, No.2, pp. 123-131, 2000.
-  B. Vikramaditya, J. B. Lor, and B. J. Nelson, “Visually Servoed Micropositioning for Assembly of Hybrid MEMS: Theory and Experiments,” Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Design & Control, pp. 96-101, 1997.
-  J. T. Feddema and R. W. Smon, “CAD-Driven Microassembly and Visual Servoing,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, Leuven, Beligum, pp. 1212-1219, 1998.
-  S. Fatikow, J. Seyfried, St. Fahlbusch, A. Buerkl, and F. Schmoeckel, “A Flexible Microrobot-Based Microassembly station,” Journal of intelligent & robotics system, Vol.27, No.1/2, pp. 135-169, 2000.
-  G. Yang, J. A. Gaines, and B. J. Nelson, “Optomechatronic design of microassembly systems for manufacturing hybrid Microsystems,” IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, Vol.52, No.4, pp. 1013-1023, October 2, 2005.
-  J. Y. Zheng, T. Sakai, and N. Abe, “Guiding robot motion using zooming and focusing,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 96, Vol.3, pp. 1076-1082, 1996.
-  K. S. Choi, J. S. Lee, and S. J. Ko, “New autofocusing technique using the frequency selective weighted median filter for video cameras,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol.45, Issue 3, pp. 820-827, Aug., 1999.
-  O. Faugeras, “Three-Dimensional Computer Vision,” The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England.
-  B. Potsaid, Y. Bellouard, and J. Wen, “Adaptive Scanning Optical Microscope (ASOM): A multidisciplinary optical microscope design for large field of view and high resolution imaging,” Opt. Express 13, pp. 6504-6518, 2005.
-  J. Canny, “A computational approach to edge detection,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 8(6), pp. 679-698, 1988.
-  M. A. Fischler and R. C. Bolles, “Random Sample Consensus: A Paradigm for Model Fitting with Applications to Image Analysis and Automated Cartography,” Comm. of the ACM, Vol.24, pp. 381-395, 1981.
-  P. Bouthemy, “A maximum likelihood framework for determining moving edges,” IEEE Trans on Pattern Analysis and Machine intelligence, 11(5), pp. 499-511, 1989.
-  R. G. Brown and P. Y. C. Hwang, “Introduction to Random Signals and Applied Kalman Filtering with Matlab Exercises and Solutions,” 3rd Edition, Wiley, 1996.
-  G. D. Hager and S. Hutchinson, “A Tutorial on Visual Servo Control,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 651-670, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.