Predictability of Rest-to-Rest Movements in Haptic Environments with 3D Constraints
Igor Goncharenko*, Mikhail Svinin**, Yutaka Kanou*,
and Shigeyuki Hosoe**
*3D Inc., 1-1 Sakaecho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama 221-0052, Japan
**Bio-Mimetic Control Research Center, RIKEN, 2271-130 Anagahora, Shimoshidami, Moriyama-ku, Nagoya 463-0003, Japan
-  G. Burdea, and P. Coiffet, “Virtual Reality Technology,” 2nd Ed. Publ. Wiley-Interscience, 2003.
-  I. Goncharenko, M. Svinin et al., “Cooperative Control with Haptic Visualization in Shared Virtual Environments,” Publ. IEEE Comp. Soc., Proc. 8th Intl. Conf. on Information Visualization (IV04), London, pp. 533-538, July 14-16, 2004.
-  L. Piron, P. Tonin, A. Atzori, E. Trivello, and M. Dam, “A Virtual-Reality Based Motor Tele-Rehabilitation System,” Proc. 2nd Intl. Workshop on Virtual Rehabilitation, Rutgers Univ., pp. 21-26, Sep. 21-22, 2003.
-  T. Flash, and N. Hogan, “The coordination of arm movements: an experimentally confirmed mathematical model,” The Journal of Neuroscience, Vol.5, No.7, pp. 1688-1703, 1985.
-  Y. Uno, M. Kawato, and R. Suzuki, “Formation and control of optimal trajectory in human multi-joint arm movement: Minimum torque-change model,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.61, pp. 89-101, 1989.
-  M. Svinin, Y. Masui, Z. Luo, and S. Hosoe, “On the dynamic version of the minimum hand jerk criterion,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS2004, Sendai, Japan, Vol.1, pp. 174-179, September 28-October 2, 2004.
-  http://sensable.com
-  S. Wolfram, “The Mathematica Book,” 5th ed. Wolfram Media, 2003.
-  R. Chandler, C. Clauser, J. McConville, H. Reynolds, and J. Young, “Investigation of inertial properties of the human body,” Technical report AMRL-TR-74-137, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, 1975.
-  A. Schwartz, E. Polak, and Y. Chen, “RIOTS95: A Matlab Toolbox for Solving Optimal Control Problems, Version 1.0, User Manual,” Stanford University, 1997.
-  W. Abend, E. Bizzi, and P. Morasso, “Human Arm Trajectory Formation,” Brain, Vol.105, pp. 331-348, 1982.
-  G. Garvin, M. Zefran, E. Henis, and V. Kumar, “Two-arm trajectory planning in a manipulation task,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.76, pp. 53-62, 1997.
-  J. Dingwell, C. F. Mah, and F. Mussa-Ivaldi, “Experimentally confirmed mathematical model for human control of a non-rigid object,” Journal of Neurophysiology, Vol.91, pp. 1158-1170, 2004.
-  M. Svinin, I. Goncharenko, Z. Luo, and S. Hosoe, “Reaching Movements in Dynamic Environments: How Do We Move Flexible Objects?” 2005 IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 398-405, 2005.
-  M. Svinin, T. Odashima, Z. Luo, and S. Hosoe, “On the optimization approaches to the trajectory formation of human movements,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Complex Systems, Intelligence, and Modern Technology Applications, Cherbourg, France, pp. 628-633, September 19-22, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.