Transparent Tactile Switch for Touch Screen Interface
Fumihito Arai*, Naoya Iwata**, and Toshio Fukuda**
*Dept. of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
**Dept. of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, 1 Furo-cho, Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
-  M. Weiser, “Some Computer Science Issues in Ubiquitous Computing,” Association for Computing Machinery Communications of the ACM, Vol.36, Issue 7, pp. 74-83, 1993.
-  A. M. Dearden, and M. D. Harrison, “Impact and the design of the human-machine interface,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 19-25, 1997.
-  M. Yamaoka, K. Yamasaki, and H. Tanaka, “Extracting Relational Constraints among Objects with Haptic Vision in Support of Automatic Construction,” Electronics and Communication in Japan, Part3, Vol.86, No.11, 2003.
-  J. Dionisio, V. Henrich, U. Jakob, A. Rettig, and R. Ziegler, “The Virtual Touch: Haptic Interfaces in Virtual Environments,” Comput. & Graphics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 459-468, 1997.
-  T. Yoshikawa, and A. Nagura, “A Touch/Force Display System for Haptic Interface,” Presence-Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol.10, Issue 2, pp. 225-235, 2001.
-  M. Kawai, and T. Yoshikawa, “Haptic Display With an Interface Device Capable of Continuous-Time Impedance Display Within a Sampling Period,” IEEE ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 58-64, 2004.
-  N. Ando, and P. Korondi, “Development of Micro-manipulator and Haptic Interface for Networked Micromanipulation,” IEEE ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 417-427, 2001.
-  M. O. Ernst, M. S. Banks, and H. H. Bulthoff, “Touch can change visual slant perception,” Nature Neuroscience, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 69-73, 2000.
-  M. Shimojo, M. Shinohara, and Y. Fukui, “Human Shape Recognition Performance for 3-D Tactile Display,” IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man, And Cybernetics-Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.29, No.6, 1999.
-  SMK Corporation, “Force Feedback Touch Panels,”
-  M.-J. Jung, F. Arai, T. Fukuda, J. Yang, and Y. Suematsu, “Development of CRF 3 System for Human-Robot Mutual Communication,” Proceedings of Robotics Society of Japan, 2002, 2C18 (CDROM), 2002.
-  F. Arai, D. Tachibana, M. J. Jung, T. Fukuda, and Y. Hasegawa, “Development of Character Robots for Human-Robot Mutual Communication,” 2003 IEEE International Workshop of Robot and Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN2003), CD-ROM, 2003.
-  T. Fukuda, M. J. Jung, M. Nakashima, F. Arai, and Y. Hasegawa, “Facial Expressive Robotic Head System for Human-Robot Communication and Its Application in Home Environment,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.92, No.11, November, 2004.
-  JSME Mechanical Engineer’s Handbook, B1: Machine Elements and Tribology, p. 151, 1985 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.