Development of Robotic Forceps for Laparoscopic Surgery
Makoto Jinno*, Takamitsu Sunaoshi*, Toyomi Miyagawa*,
Takehiro Hato*, Nobuto Matsuhira*, Yasuhide Morikawa**,
Soji Ozawa**, and Masaki Kitajima**
*Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corporation, 1 Komukai Toshiba-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki 212-8582, Japan
**School of Medicine, Keio University
-  http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/iryosd/02/
-  “An Investigation of Endoscopic Surgery (The Results of the 7th Questionnaires),” Journal of Japan Society for Endoscopic Surgery, Vol.9, No.5, pp. 475-569, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  A. J. Madhani, G. Niemeyer, and J. K. Salisbury, “The Black Falcon: A Teleoperated Surgical Instrument for Minimally Invasive Surgery,” Proc. 1998 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. IROS, pp. 936-944, 1998.
-  K. Ikuta, M. Nokata, and S. Aritomi, “Hyper Redundant Active Endoscope for Minimally Invasive Surgery,” Journal of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 569-575, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  M. C. Cavusoglu, F. Tendick, M. Cohn, and S. S. Sastry, “A Laparoscopic Telesurgical Workstation,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 728-739, 1999.
-  M. Mitsuishi, S. Tomisaki, T. Yoshidome, H. Hashizume, and K. Fujiwara, “Tele-micro-surgery system with intelligent user interface,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1607-1614, 2000.
-  H. Kazerooni, “Human/robot interaction via transfer of power and information signals Part I: Dynamics and Control analysis,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf on Robotics and Automation (1989), pp. 1632-1640.
-  M. O. Schurr, “Robotic Devices for Advanced Endoscopic Surgical Procedures: An Overview,” Journal of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 16-19, 2000.
-  R. Kumar, P. Berkelman, P. Gupta, A. Barnes, P. Jensen, L. L. Whitcomb, and R. H. Taylor, “Preliminary Experiments in Cooperative Human/Robot Force Control for Robot Assisted Microsurgical Manipulation,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (2000), pp. 610-617.
-  R. Nakamura, T. Oura, E. Kobayashi, I. Sakuma, T. Dohi, N. Yahagi, T. Tsuji, D. Hashimoto, M. Shimada, and M. Hashizume, “Multi-DOF Forceps Manipulator System for Laparoscopic Surgery –Mechanism miniaturized & Evaluation of New Interface–,” Proc. 4th MICCAI2001, pp. 606-613, 2001.
-  S. Shimachi, A. Hashimoto, and M. Sakaguchi, “Motion order system for the end effector of an instrument used in endoscopic surgery,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 481-501, 2003.
-  http://www.intuitivesurgical.com
-  N. Matsuhira, M. Jinno, T. Miyagawa, T. Sunaoshi, T. Takehiro, Y. Morikawa, T. Furukawa, S. Ozawa, M. Kitajima, and K. Nakazawa, “Development of a functional model for a master-slave combined manipulator for laparoscopic surgery,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 523-539, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.