Integrated Limb Mechanism Robot ASTERISK
Tomohito Takubo*, Tatsuo Arai*, Kenji Inoue*, Hikaru Ochi*,
Takeshi Konishi*, Taisuke Tsurutani*, Yasuo Hayashibara**,
and Eiji Koyanagi**
*Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
**Department of Robotics and Bio-Mechatronics, Toin University of Yokohama, 1614 Kurogane-cho, Aoba-ku, Yokohama 225-8502, Japan
-  S. Sugiyama et al., “Quadrupedal Locomotion Subsystem of Prototype Advanced Robot for Nuclear Power Plant Facilities,” Proceedings of IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (’91 ICAR), pp. 326-333, 1991.
-  K. Hartikainen et al., “Control and Software Structures of a Hydraulic Six-Legged Machine Designed for Locomotion in Natural Environment,” Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ Int. Workshop on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 590-596, 1992.
-  K. Kato, and S. Hirose, “Development of Quardruped Walking Robot, TITAN-IX –Mechanical Design Concept and Application for the Humanitarian Demining Robot–,” Advanced Robotics, 15, 2, pp. 191-204, 2001.
-  Y. F. Zheng, and Q. Yin, “Coordinating Multilimbed Robot for Generating Large Cartesian Force,” Proceedings of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1653-1658, 1990.
-  C. Su, and Y. F. Zheng, “Task Decomposition for a Multilimbed Robot to Work in Reachable But Unorientable Space,” IEEE Transaction on Robotics and Automation, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 759-770, 1991.
-  D. K. Pai, R. A. Barman, and S. K. Ralph, “Platonic Beasts: “A New Family of Multilimbed Robots”,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1019-1025, 1994.
-  N. Koyachi et al., “Control of Walk and Manipulation by A Hexapod with Integrated Limb Mechanism: MELMANTIS-1,” Proceedings of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3553-3558, 2002.
-  Y. Mae et al., “Application of Limb Mechanism Robot to Rescue Tasks for Knowledge-Sharing among Autonomous Robots,” Advanced Robotics: Cutting Edge of Robotics in Japan 2002, Disaster Response Robotics, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 529-532, 2002.
-  K. Inoue et al., “Mobile Manipulation of Limbed Robots –Proposal on Mechanism and Control–,” Preprints of IFAC Workshop on Mobile Robot Technology, pp. 104-109, 2001.
-  R. B. McGhee, and G. I. Iswandhi, “Adaptive Locomotion of a Multilegged Robot Over Rough Terrain,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, SMC-9, No.4, pp. 176-182, 1979.
-  O. Akizono et al., “Development of Walking Robot for Underwater Inspection,” Advanced Robotics 1989-Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Advanced Robotics, pp. 652-663, 1989.
-  W. T. Townsend, “MCB-Industrial Robot Feasure Article –The BarretHand grasper–,” Industrial Robot: An International Journal, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 181-188, 2000.
-  M. Russell, Jr., “Odex I: The First Functionoid,” Robotics Age, pp. 12-18, September/October, 1983.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.