Extracting Multimodal Dynamics of Objects Using RNNPB
Tetsuya Ogata*, Hayato Ohba*, Jun Tani**,
Kazunori Komatani*, and Hiroshi G. Okuno*
*Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
**Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
-  R. Bajcsy, “Active Perception,” IEEE Proceedings, Special issue on Computer Vision, Vol.76, No.8, pp. 996-1005, 1988.
-  K. Noda, M. Suzuki, N. Tsuchiya, Y. Suga, T. Ogata, and S. Sugano, “Robust modeling of dynamic environment based on robot embodiment,” IEEE ICRA 2003, pp. 3565-3570, 2003.
-  A. Arsenio, and P. Fitzpatrick, “Exploiting cross-modal rhythm for robot perception of objects,” Int. Conf. on Computational Intelligence, Robotics, and Autonomous Systems, 2003.
-  R. Fukano, Y. Kuniyoshi, T. Kobayashi, and T. Otani, “Statistical Manipulation Learning of Unknown Objects by a Multi-Fingered Robot Hand,” Humanoids 2004, paper #65, 2004.
-  P. Dario, M. Rucci, C. Guadagnini, and C. Laschi, “Integrating Visual and Tactile Information in Disassembly Tasks,” Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, pp. 191-196, 1993.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer Series in Information Science, Vol.30, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 1995.
-  L. Lin, and T. Mitchell, “Efficient Learning and Planning within the Dynamic Framework,” SAB’92, pp. 281-290, 1992.
-  J. Tani, and M. Ito, “Self-Organization of Behavioural Primitives as Multiple Attractor Dynamics: A Robot Experiment,” IEEE Transactions on SMC Part A, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 481-488, 2003.
-  T. Ogata, M. Matsunaga, S. Sugano, and J. Tani, “Human Robot Collaboration Using Behavioral Primitives,” IEEE/RSJ IROS 2004, pp. 1592-1597, 2004.
-  M. Jordan, “Attractor dynamics and parallelism in a connectionist sequential machine,” Eighth Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ), pp. 513-546, 1986.
-  D. Rumelhart, G. Hinton, and R. Williams, “Learning internal representation by error propagation,” in D.E. Rumelhart and J. L. McLelland (editors), Parallel Distributed Processing (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press), 1986.
-  H. Ishiguro, T. Ono, M. Imai, T. Maeda, T. Kanda, and R. Nakatsu, “Robovie: an interactive humanoid robot,” Int. Journal of Industrial Robotics, Vol.28, No.6, pp. 498-503, 2001.
-  T. Miyashita, T. Tajika, K. Shinozawa, H. Ishiguro, K. Kogure, and N. Hagita, “Human Position and Posture Detection based on Tactile Information of the Whole Body,” IEEE/RSJ IROS 2004 Work Shop, 2004.
-  R. Pfeifer, and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence, Cambridge,” MA: MIT Press, 1999.
-  G. Metta, and P. Fitzpatrick, “Better Vision through Manipulation,” Adaptive Behavior, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 109-128, 2003.
-  A. Waibel, T. Hanazawa, K. Hinton, K. Shikano, and K. Lang, “Phoneme Recognition Using Time-Delay Neural Networks,” ATR Technical Report TR-1-0006, 1987.
-  M. Haruno, D. Wolpert, and M. Kawato, “MOSAIC model for sensorimotor learning and control,” Neural Computation 13, pp. 2201-2220, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.