Spinal Information Processing and its Application to Motor Learning Support
Mihoko Otake*,**, and Yoshihiko Nakamura***
*Division of Project Coordination, University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
**PRESTO program, Japan Science and Technology Agency
***Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  N. Yamazaki, and K. Hase, “Development of three-dimensional whole body musculoskeletal model for various motion analyses,” JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol.40, pp. 25-32, 1997.
-  T. Komura, and Y. Shinagawa, “Attaching physiological effects to motion-capture data,” in Proceedings of Graphics Interface, 2001, pp. 27-36.
-  D. G. Lloyd, and T. S. Buchanan, “Strategies of muscular support of varus and valgus isometric loads at the human knee,” Journal of Biomechanics, Vol.34, pp. 1257-1267, 2001.
-  Y. Nakamura et al., “Dynamic computation of musculo-skeletal human model based on efficient algorithm for closed kinematic chains,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Adaptive Motion of Animals and Machines, 2003.
-  D. Davy, and M. Audu, “A dynamic optimization technique for predicting muscle forces in the swing phase of gait,” Journal of Biomechanics, Vol.20, pp. 187-201, 1987.
-  M. Kaplan, and J. Heegaard, “Predictive algorithms for neuromuscular control of human locomotion,” Journal of Biomechanics, Vol.34, pp. 1077-1083, 2001.
-  S. L. Delp, and P. J. Loan, “A computational framework for simulating and analyzing human and animal movement,” IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering, Vol.2, pp. 46-55, 2000.
-  J. Rasmussen et al., “Anybody – a software system for ergonomic optimization,” in Fifth World Congress on Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2003.
-  S. Sakurai et al., “Muscle activity and performance accuracy of the smash stroke in badminton with reference to skill and practice,” J. Sports Science, Vol.18, pp. 1-14, 2000.
-  E. R. Kandel, J. H. Schwartz, and T. M. Jessell, “Principles of neural science,” 4th eds., McGraw-Hill, New York, 2000.
-  J. Bossy, “Atlas of Neuroanatomy and Special Sense Organs,” W. B. Saunders, 1970.
-  S. G. Waxman, “Correlative Neuroanatomy,” 22nd eds., a LANGE medical book, 1995.
-  H. Kimura, S. Akiyama, and K. Sakurama, “Realization of dynamic walking and running of the quadruped using neural oscillator,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.7, pp. 247-258, 1999.
-  S. Miyakoshi, G. Taga, Y. Kuniyoshi, and A. Nagakubo, “Three-dimensional bipedal stepping motion using neural oscillators – towards humanoid motion in the real world,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 1998, pp. 84-89.
-  A. J. Ijspeert, “A connectionist central pattern generator for the aquatic and terrestrial gaits of a simulated salamander,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.84, pp. 331-348, 2001.
-  K. Tsujita, K. Tsuchiya, and A. Onat, “Adaptive gait pattern control of a quadruped locomotion robot,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2001, pp. 2318-2325.
-  M. A. Lewis et al., “An in silico central pattern generator: silicon oscillator, coupling, entrainment, and physical computation,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.88, pp. 137-151, 2003.
-  Y. Koike, and M. Kawato, “Estimation of arm posture in 3-D space from surface EMG signals using a neural network model,” Trans. Inst. Electron., Inform., Commun. Eng., Vol.J77-D-II, No.1, pp. 193-203, 1994.
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, M. Kaneko, and A. Otsuka, “A Human-Assisting Manipulator Teleoperated by EMG Signals and Arm Motions,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 210-222, 2003.
-  G. Taga, “A model of the neuro-musculo-skeletal system for human locomotion II. Real-time adaptability under various constraints,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.73, pp. 113-121, 1995.
-  N. Ogihara, and N. Yamazaki, “Generation of Human Bipedal Locomotion by a Bio-Mimetic Neuro-Musculo-Skeletal Model,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.84, pp. 1-11, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.