Simple Humanoid Biped Robot with PIC Microcomputer for University Education
Yoshihiko Takahashi, and Masayoshi Kohda
Department of System Design Engineering, Kanagawa Institute of Technology, 1030 Shimo-Ogino, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0292, Japan
A simple humanoid biped robot has been developed as teaching material for university students who want to fabricate intelligent robots. Affordable key components are used so that students can fabricate the whole robot themselves step by step to understand each level. Evaluation experiments were conducted by undergraduate students. The results of a questionnaire showed that over half of respondents were interested in fabricating the robot. The evaluation confirmed that the robot was suitable as teaching material.
-  Y. Tomimasu, M. Tokizawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, and Y. Ogawa, “Development of the line trace robot as teaching materials for mechatronics education,” Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P1-L2-36, 2004.
-  N. Komine, K. Inagaki, T. Inaba, and R. Matsuda, “Creative design practice,” the subject of robot design for the first year students, Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P1-L2-35, 2004.
-  S. Yura, N. Hiraoka, H. Sogo, S. Fujusawa, K. Shikama, S. Urushihara, and H. Tarao, “Kid’s KARAKURI workshop at Takamatsu NCT,” Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P2-L2-36, 2004.
-  O. Yokoyama, M. Mizukawa, and R. Sakai, “e-nuvo: Development of education materials of bipedal locomotion robot,” Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2A1-L2-38, 2004.
-  Y. Nakagawa, I. Kobayashi, and K. Watanabe, “Education using small humanoid robot,” Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P2-L2-35, 2004.
-  K. Okada, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Mechano-informatics seminar for undergraduate students using the HRP2 humanoid robot,” Proc. of 2004 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2P2-L2-39, 2004.
-  T. Endo, “Wakaru PIC micon seigyo,” Seibundo shinkou sya, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. Suzuki, “Tanoshiku dekiru C&PIC seigyo Jikken,” Tokyo denki daigaku syuppankyoku, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Gokan, “C gengo ni yoru PIC programming nyumon,” Gijutsu hyoronsya, 2002 (in Japanese).
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.