A Wearable Pointing Device Using EMG Signals
Hirotaka Ogino, Jun Arita, and Toshio Tsuji
Department of Artificial Complex Systems Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
-  S. Mann, “Wearable Computing: A First Step Toward Personal Imaging,” IEEE Computer, Vol.30, No.2, pp. 25-32, 1997.
-  T. Inoue, N. Kamijo, and K. Tamagawa, “Present State and Future Prospect of Wearable Computers,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.20, No.8, pp. 791-795, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  R. Rosenberg, “The Biofeedback Pointer: EMG Control of a Two Dimensional Pointer,” Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 162-163, 1998.
-  A. B. Barreto, S. D. Scargle, and M. Adjouadi, “A Practical EMGbased Human-computer Interface for Users with Motor Disabilities,” Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 55-63, 2000.
-  T. Tsuji, O. Fukuda, M. Murakami, and M. Kaneko, “An EMG Controlled Pointing Device Using a Neural Network,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.37, No.5, pp. 425-431, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Tsuji, H. Ichinobu, and M. Kaneko, “A Proposal of the Feedforward Neural Network Based on the Gaussian Mixture Model and the Log-Linear Model,” Trans. Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-II, Vol.J77, No.10, pp. 2093-2100, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  O. Fukuda, J. Arita, and T. Tsuji, “An EMG-Controlled Omnidirectional Pointing Device,” Trans. Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-II, Vol.J87, No.10, pp. 1996-2003, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, and M. Kaneko, “An EMG Controlled Robotic Manipulator Using Neural Networks,” Proceedings of IEEE InternationalWorkshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 442-447, 1997.
-  M. Zak, “Terminal Attractors for Addressable Memory in Neural Network,” Physics Letters A, Vol.133, pp. 18-22, 1998.
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, and M. Kaneko, “A Human Supporting Manipulator Based on Manual Control Using EMG Signals,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 387-394, 2000 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.