Development of a Hydraulically-Driven Flexible Manipulator for Neurosurgery
Haruna Okayasu*, Jun Okamoto*, Hiroshi Iseki**,
and Masakatsu G. Fujie***
*Graduate school of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
**Faculty of Advanced Techno-Surgery, Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering & Science, Graduate school of Medicine, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
***Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University, 3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
-  H. Okayasu, J. Okamoto, M. G. Fujie, M. Umezu, and H. Iseki, “Development of a hydraulic driven flexible manipulator for neurosurgery,” In Proc. the 17th International Congress and Exhibition of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS2003), pp. 607-612, 2003.
-  H. Okayasu, M. G. Fujie, and H. Iseki, “Development of a Passive manipulator for neurosurgery,” In Proc. the 18th International Congress and Exhibition of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS2003), 2004.
-  K. Kan, M. G. Fujie, F. Tajima, K. Nishizawa, T. Kawai, and A. Shose, “Development of HUMAN System with Three Micro Manipulators and Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery,” In Proc. the 15th International Symposium and Exhibition of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS2001), pp. 144-149, 2001.
-  K. Hongo, S. Kobayashi, Y. Kakizawa, J. Koyama, T. Goto, H. Okudera, K. Kan, M. G. Fujie, H. Iseki, and K. Takakura, “Neu-Robot Telecontrolled Micromanipulator System For Minimally Invasive Microneurosurgery – Prelimanary Results,” Neurosurgery 51, pp. 985-988, 2002.
-  J. Okamoto, M. Iida, K. Nambu, M. G. Fujie, and M. Umezu, “Development of Multi-DOF Brain Retract Manipulator with safety Method,” In Proc. IEEE Intl. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 2594-2599, October 2003.
-  T. Noritsugu, “Pneumatic Actuators,” In Proc. Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.15, pp. 355-359, 1997.
-  M. Uchiyama, “Soft Robotics,” In Proc. Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.17, pp. 756-757, 1999.
-  R. H. Taylor, C. B. Cutting, Y. Kim, A. D. Kalvin, D. L. Larose, B. Haddad, D. Khoramabadi, M. Noz, R. Olyha, N. Bruun, and D. Grimm, “A Model-Based Optimal Planning and Execution System with Active Sensing and Passive Manipulation for Augmentation of Human Precision in Computer-Integrated Surgery,” In Second Int. Symposium on Experimental Robotics, Toulouse, France, pp. 179-195, 1991.
-  J. Troccaz, and S. Lavalee, “An alternative to actuated robots and passive arms in medical robotics,” In Proc. IEEE EMBS, pp. 934-935, 1993.
-  Y. Delnondedieu, and J. Troccaz, “PADyC: a Passive Arm with Dynamic Constraints. A prototype with two degrees of freedom,” In Proc. the 2nd International Symposium on Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, pp. 173-180, 1995.
-  F. Tajima, M. G. Fujie, and T. Kanade, “PALM-V2: A Passive Articulated Link Mechanism with Variable Viscosity,” In Proc. Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics AIM’97, Tokyo, Japan, 1997, CDROM.
-  K. Ikuta, H. Ichikawa, K. Suzuki, and T. Yamamoto, “Micro Hydrodynamic Actuated Multiple Segments Catheter for Safety Minimally Invasive Therapy,” In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 2640-2645, September 2003.
-  Y. Muyari, Y. Haga, T. Mineta, and M. Esahi, “Development of Hydraulic Suction Type Active Catheter Using Super Elastic Alloy Tube,” In Proc. THE 20th SENSOR SYMPOSIUM on Sensors, Micromachines, and Applied Systems, pp. 57-60, 2003.
-  A. Menciassi, J. H. Par, S. Lee, S. Gorini, P. Dario, and J. O. Park, “Robotic Solutions and Mechanisms for a Semi-Autonomous Endoscope,” In Proc. IEEE Intl. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp. 1379-1383, October 2002.
-  E. V. Mandgan, D. A. Kingsley, R. D. Quinn, and H. J. Chiel, “Development of a Peristaltic Endoscope,” In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, Washington, DC, pp. 347-352, May 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.