Measurement of Human Hand Impedance in Dual Arm Configurations
Yusaku Takeda, Yoshiyuki Tanaka, and Toshio Tsuji
Department of Artificial Complex Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
-  F. A. Mussa-Ivaldi, N. Hogan, and E. Bizzi, “Neural, mechanical and geometric factors subserving arm in humans,” Journal of Neuroscience, Vol.5, No.10, pp. 2732-2743, 1985.
-  J. M. Dolan, M. B. Friendman, and M. L. Nagarka, “Dynamics and loaded impedance components in the maintenance of human arm posture,” IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 698-709, 1993.
-  T. Tsuji, K. Goto, K. Ito, and M. Nagamachi, “Estimation of human hand impedance during maintenance of posture,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 319-328, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  T. Tsuji, P. Morasso, K. Goto, and K. Ito, “Human hand impedance characteristics during maintained posture in multi-joint arm movements,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.72, pp. 475-485, 1995.
-  T. Tsuji, M. Moritani, M. Kaneko, and K. Ito, “An analysis of human hand impedance characteristics during isometric muscle contractions,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 271-280, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  H. Gomi, and M. Kawato, “Mechanical impedance of human arm during multi-joint movement in horizontal Plane,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.32, No.3, pp. 369-378, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  G. J. Garvin, M. Zefran, E. A. Henis, and V. Kumar, “Two-arm trajectory planning in a manipulation task,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.76, pp. 53-62, 1997.
-  J. P. Desai, M. Zefran, and V. Kumar, “Two arm manipulation tasks with friction assisted grasping,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 485-508, 1998.
-  T. Kitamura, M. Katayama, X.-Z. Zheng, and K. Ito, “Identification of human hand impedance during cooperative manipulation with both hands,” Proceedings of the 11th Symposium on Biological and Physiological Engineering, pp. 353-356, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  Z. Li, K. Kubo, and S. Kawamura, “Effect of hand force on rotational stiffness of bicycle handle,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.38, No.11, pp. 915-921, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  N. Hogan, “The Machanics of Multi-joint Posture and Movement Control,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.53, pp. 1-17, 1985.
-  T. Tsuji, Y. Kanji, T. Kato, M. Kaneko, and S. Kawamura, “Impedance training: can we regulate our hand impedance through training?” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.35, No.10, pp. 1300-1306, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  T. Tsuji, “Measuring viscoelasticity in human arm movements,” Journal of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.35, No.9, pp. 689-695, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  T. Flash, and I. Gurevich, “Model of motor adaptation and impedance control in human arm movements,” Self-Organization, Computational Maps, and Motor Control, pp. 423-481, 1997.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Foundations of robot control,” Corona Publishing CO.,LTD., pp. 109-131, 1988 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.