A Novel Fluidic Bellows Manipulator
Andrea Manuello Bertetto, and Maurizio Ruggiu
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica, University of Cagliari, Piazza D’Armi, 1-09123 Cagliari
-  S. Schultz, C. Pylatiuk, and G. Bretthauer, “A new ultralight anthropomorphic hand,” Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International conference on Robotics & Automation, Seoul Korea, May 2001.
-  S. Dohta, Y. Ban, and H. Matsushita, “Application of a flexible strain sensor to a pneumatic rubber hand,” Proceedings of the Sixth Triennal International Symposium on Fluid Control, Measurement and Visualization, Sherbrooke (Qc) Canada, August 2000.
-  M. W. Hannan, and I. D. Walzer, “Analysis and experiments with an Elephant’s Trunk Tobot,” The International journal of the Robotics society of Japan, Vol.15, No.8.
-  C. Ferraresi, A. Manuello Bertetto, and L. Mazza, “Design and realisation of a flexible pneumatic acruator for robotica,” Proceedings of 5th Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power, SICFP 97, ed. J-O Palmberg, Linkoping University, Sweden, Vol.3, Linkoping, pp. 29-43, May 1997.
-  F. Daerden, D. Lefeber, B. Verrelst, and R. Van Ham, “Plated pneumatic artificial muscles: actuators fpr automation and robotics,” 2001 IEEE-ASME Int. Conf. On Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics Proceedings, July 8-12, 2001, Como, Italy, ed. B. Siciliano, publ. IEEE, pp. 738-743, 2001.
-  S. Hirai, P. Cusin, H. Tanigawa, T. Masui, S. Konishi, and S. Kawamura, “Qualitative Synthesis of Deformable Cylindrical Actuators trough Constraint Topology,” Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE/RSJ int. Conference on intelligent Robots and Systems.
-  T. Noritsugu, M. Kubota, and S. Yoshimatsu, “Development of pneumatic rotaty soft actuator made of silicone rubber,” Proceedings of the Sixth Triennal International Symposium on Fluid Control, Measurement and Visualization, Sherbrooke (Qc) Canada, August 2000.
-  A. B. Slatkin, and J. Burdick, “Development of a robotic endoscope,” Proceedings of the IROS, Pasadena, Pa 1995.
-  M. Sfakiotakis, D. M. Lane, and B. C. Davies, “An experimental ondulating-fin device using the parallel bellows actuators,” Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International conference on Robotics & Automation, Seoul Korea, pp. 2356-2362, May 2001.
-  A. Manuello Bertetto, and M. Ruggiu, “Pole Climbing Pneumatic Robot,” Proceedings of the Fifth JFPS International Symposium on Fluid Power, Nara, pp. 43-48, 2002.
-  T. Yoshikama, and K. Hosoda, “Modeling of flexible manipulators using virtual rigid links and passive joints,” International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 290-299, 1996.
-  X. Ding, and J. M. Selig, “Dynamic modeling of a compliant arm with 6-dimensional tip forces using screw theory,” Robotica, Vol.21, pp. 193-197, 2003.
-  D. J. O’Brien, and D. M. Lane, “3D force control system design for a hydraulic parallel bellows continuum actuator,” Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International conference on Robotics & Automation, Seoul Korea, pp. 2375-2380, May 2001.
-  L.-W. Tsai, “Robot Analysis, the mechanics of serial and parallel manipulators,” Ed. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.